Notification LED color change issue (SS4.7)?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Phozmo, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Phozmo

Phozmo New Member

To be honest I didn't know that the notification LED could be a color other than green or red until poking around SS 4.7. That said, trying to change the color to anything other than stock through Tools results in no blink for notifications. Ideas?

Thanks

Phone is a Moto Droid running SS 4.7 patch 1 with the LV 1.0 kernal.
  2. jbrtzfldr

jbrtzfldr New Member

I have a similar problem, only that the LED always blinks green no matter what I set it to.
  3. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Well that is very odd ... I know 4.6 had that issue - but I just tested a fresh install of 4.7 and changing the LED works fine for me ...
  4. jbrtzfldr

jbrtzfldr New Member

I'm running a fresh install of 4.7 as well, coming from Sapphire and wiping once. I'm using P3Droid's 800mhz low voltage kernel (no offense against yours, your kernels just do not like my phone :p). I was able to change the LED with CyanogenMod 6.0-RC3.

I just tested it again, and now I am getting the same problem as the OP. No blinking at all. Strange. :(
  5. Phozmo

Phozmo New Member

So I had some time this evening and did a wipe/clear clean install. 4.72 was pushed to the phone immediately after boot and the notification LEDs now blink in any color that's chosen.

I'm not sure if it was the wipe/clear or if 4.72 magically fixed it for me but it now works.
  6. shoot2scre

shoot2scre New Member

It was probably the wipe. I had the same problem. I wipe/clear cache fixed it for me... I was upgrading from SS 4.6 w/o a wipe. Clean install fixes most problems.