notification bar

pockets

Reaction score
Is there any way to get the black notification bar without rooting?

irishdroid

Reaction score
Not that I am aware of. If you desire that kind of customization you most likely have to root.

OP
pockets

pockets

Reaction score
More and more I see the need to root. With my luck my phone will burst into flames when I do though, can someone tell me about how long it takes.

joeymoose

Reaction score
More and more I see the need to root. With my luck my phone will burst into flames when I do though, can someone tell me about how long it takes.

I depends on how tech savy you are. Any smart person will tell you to read the steps, research the steps, read it again, then once you feel you understand each step, go for it. There are way to many positives to list and you will probably get fired from work because you can seriously spend every minutes customizing and trying new things.

Lucky I am the GM of my company so I'm allowed to slack off LOL!:icon_ devil:

irishdroid

Reaction score

I felt the same way. It took me about 30 minutes and I just searched "droidmod" on YouTube, walks you right through it. I chose that method because it was done right to my Droid instead of connected to a another device. Once you install it you can flash other roms when you feel comfortable enough. You will see the benefits right away. Read up on it first and good luck.

1jshog

Reaction score
How did you get the IRISH DROID onto your navagation bar??? That's perfect

sc4fpse

Reaction score

I felt the same way. It took me about 30 minutes and I just searched "droidmod" on YouTube, walks you right through it. I chose that method because it was done right to my Droid instead of connected to a another device. Once you install it you can flash other roms when you feel comfortable enough. You will see the benefits right away. Read up on it first and good luck.

Seconded. I was nervous about rooting myself, but with Droid Mod, and with me reading everything multiple times very carefully, rooting and installing the rom took all of 30 minutes.

irishdroid

Reaction score

The person who created the theme I am running made that for me. Just linked a download for me and I applied it using MM.

1jshog

Reaction score

The person who created the theme I am running made that for me. Just linked a download for me and I applied it using MM.

I also rooted my Droid about a month ago with the dm updater and Droidmod. Absolutely great and am using HexFusion Blue Theme. I now have the DROID on the tray handle. I just need to figure out how to manipulate the color and wording.

jsmcdon1

Reaction score
I too was nervous about rooting, but read everything over until I felt it was time to just "go for it". And I'm sure glad I did. Once you have a rooted and ROM'd droid, there is no going back. Running an overclocked Droid with all the goodies the Dev's added for us makes one incredible phone/computer. I've never regretted it. The simplest approach is through DMUpdater from DroidMod - Everything Droid doesn't, DroidMod does.. Read it over and give it a try.