Notification Bar Question

Taco

Reaction score
So I have setcpu running alont with temp monitor and some times another app may be running with an icon that appears in the notification bar say like Pandora.

I noticed that setcpu and temp monitor will swap spots in the bar. What causes this? Are they being killed due to lack of memory. No I don't have a task killer installed :/

Also have been having random reboots lately like 1 a day no idea why on stock kernel.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
they swap when you open one, the most recent one you've used/opened is on top. not sure about your reboot problem

So I have setcpu running alont with temp monitor and some times another app may be running with an icon that appears in the notification bar say like Pandora.

I noticed that setcpu and temp monitor will swap spots in the bar. What causes this? Are they being killed due to lack of memory. No I don't have a task killer installed :/

Also have been having random reboots lately like 1 a day no idea why on stock kernel.

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
after the next reboot if you can pull this file from your device it would help find/fix the problem if there is one with the ROM it will let me know whats going on and if i can do anything to fix it..

“/proc/last_kmsg”.

OP
Taco

Taco

Reaction score
The thing is they move when I'm not using them like in my browser or when I turn my screen back on they are all mixed up.

As far as that file how do I use it? Lol

Last2No

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not noticed an issue like this but I can not get a solid black bar. It is a faded black.

OP
Taco

Taco

Reaction score
I mean its not a big deal as long as they aren't being killed.

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not noticed an issue like this but I can not get a solid black bar. It is a faded black.

Typing 000000 in the color picker wont be solid black?

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
that is odd, i only notice that if i open one of the apps then it moves to the top, never randomly moved, and if there still there i would say there not being killed, as far as the file, next time your phone does the reboot, open root explorer if you have it and go to that directory and copy the file to your sdcard and email to me

woodyman . dc @ gmail . com

if you don't have root explorer and you have adb set up and installed then you can do adb pull for that file

The thing is they move when I'm not using them like in my browser or when I turn my screen back on they are all mixed up.

As far as that file how do I use it? Lol

OP
Taco

Taco

Reaction score
Alright awesome woodyman!

I appreciate your help!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Stumbled across this thread while reading up on DC. They might move according to which one updated last. I am sure they all run on a set time interval and may move to a certain posistion according to which one last refreshed. I would monitor it myself but I dont use many apps at all and currently have none running with an icon in the notification bar.

On a side note, I havent run anything except GB in a while but I do plan on flashing the latest build soon. I have heard some good things from people and want to check it out. Will report back when I get a chance to flash it :)

OP
Taco

Taco

Reaction score
It doesn't look like theyree being killed seeing as setcpu says its been running since my last boot.

Its never done this before so I wasn't sure what was up.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
I have my tempmonitor notification moving around all the time. I have noticed this for months now, even since 2.0.1. It must be based on the update interval and as you noticed, it has no effect on your phone's behaviour.

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Nice catch, I didn't even think about that, he's right though, Set CPU/other apps update in the background because of profiles and stuff you have set, so that is a very good reason why they would switch places without you opening either of them.. :)

thanks for that insight man.. :)

I have my tempmonitor notification moving around all the time. I have noticed this for months now, even since 2.0.1. It must be based on the update interval and as you noticed, it has no effect on your phone's behaviour.

OP
Taco

Taco

Reaction score
Makes sense to me, guess I just never noticed it before.