1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Notification bar opaque with LauncherPro?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by benhar, May 19, 2010.

1. benhar

benhar New Member

Smoked Glass Notification bar opaque with LauncherPro?

I was about to ask why my Smoked Glass notification bar is not transparent, but then realized it is being caused by LauncherPro Beta. Anyone else noticed this? ​
    Last edited: May 19, 2010
  2. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ben,

I was running BBV1 with smoked glass theme. I then MM a few things including the main notification bar (not pull down status) to completely clear. I installed Launcher Pro Beta yesterday, and my notification bar is still transparent, so LPB did not foul mine.

Craig
  3. benhar

benhar New Member

Craig,

Interesting to hear that. I've noticed that my bar has transparency when I switch to the home launcher, but opaque again when I go back to LauncherPro. Maybe I need to do a little research on MetaMorph to figure out how to get transparency that way.
  4. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ben,

As you implied that you do not use MM, then I am assuming you got the smoked glass with Pete's update file. As I MM'd my clear bar, that's gotta be the difference. You might just try reflashing the Smoke theme with Launcher Pro now on your system, and that might work.

If you get into trying to MM things, be sure to pull the Launcher Pro apk from your phone, and explore it on your computer, to see what is in the res-drawable folder. This will let you know whether the program does indeed replace the status bar. I will be doing this to tear into ap drawer images. I really like a totally transparent app drawer, not the opaque black that comes with most launchers.

Craig
  5. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier New Member

Mine is coming up opaque as well. I've also noticed that the Google search widget comes up as the default color instead of the custom smoked glass one. Strange, the search widget should be smoked glass since the entire .apk is themed.
  6. gardobus

gardobus New Member

My Dark Edge bar is opaque also, but transparent on other launchers.
  7. utkanos

utkanos New Member

LauncherPro also causes weird transparency with weather widgets and what not on mine. I got really crappy battery life after installing LauncherPro so I removed it for the time being to see if the life improves again. It's a shame because it's easily the best launcher I've used thus far.
  8. benhar

benhar New Member

Now that I think about it, my google search widget wasn't glass either. I re-flashed Adamz/Pete's smokedglass theme, but the bar is still opaque.

I hope launcherPro isn't causing the bad battery life; I'm loving this launcher, and although I can live without the transparent bar, poor battery would be a dealbreaker.
  9. OSX2000

OSX2000 New Member

My Google Search widget is only black with the stock Home launcher. Helix and LauncherPro both draw it in white.

As for the notification bar, I think it's because LauncherPro positions wallpapers differently. The bar is definitely transparent on my lock screen, but when I unlock the phone, I noticed the wallpaper jumps downward 15-20 pixels or so. My guess is it jumped out from underneath the notification bar, giving the illusion of an opaque bar.
  10. gardobus

gardobus New Member

My battery life is the same as it was before and my Beautiful Widgets looks great. The only issue I have is the opaque notifications bar. Which is fine.
    The search widget skin is saved in the launcher.apk I believe. I could be wrong but If I'm right then you'd have to have Adam or someone crack open LauncherPro and skin it in there.
  11. utkanos

utkanos New Member

Weather and Toggle Widget half works with transparency. If the weather outside is cloudy, there is a faint outline around the cloud. If there is a sun, you can see a line around the sun. The actual background is transparent but the items within it are sloppy.

LP also shows up in my battery usage screen consistently and I've never seen any other launcher do that, and it also caused the weather and toggle widget to show up too which it never did before I used LP.
  12. benhar

benhar New Member

I think you hit the nail on the head. I too see the wallpaper move down slightly when the phone is unlocked. Also, I notice that when I open/close things like messaging, as the animation moves past the bar, it appears it does have transparency. I guess this is something only the developer can fix? I left a note on his comments page. Looks like he is listening to feedback and cranking out updates as he is able.
  13. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

I just checked my wallpapers with LP, and yes the static ones do appear to jump down, but my nexus lwp with my custom logo does not move. But, when I wake the phone from sleep, before unlocking, the status bar has the same clear as when awake, while below that (the unlock screen) is slightly more opaque. When I unlock, my nexus lwp does not move, but the entire screen becomes the usual color.

And I have MM cleared news and weather, my power widget, music and my notification bar, and LP has not changed any of them in any way. And after running LP for a day and a half, no perctible change in my battery life.

Craig
  14. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier New Member

OK, I also found a bug, I left a comment on the app page and hopefully the Dev responds and fixes it. Maybe you guys can tell me if it happens to you too.

Upon opening contacts and editing a contact picture, once in gallery, if you hit back or choose a picture for you contact and hit save, I get an acore FC.

As far as battery life, LP doesn't kill my battery so much faster than the default launcher, but I'm thinking it depends on use. I wager those of you that are seeing diminished battery life might in fact be using your phone that much more often than those of us who use it as normal have not seen any change (you keep swiping and pinching it to death showing it off to your friends and family, or just by yourself). The increased awake time should account for the diminished battery life some are suffering, or at least that's my theory.
  15. utkanos

utkanos New Member

Not the case with me... at work I rarely use my phone, responding to the odd text message or two and I usually get 10% for every 7 or 8 hours when not using the phone, with LP I let it sit on my desk at work and it was down 10% in 3 hours. The only thing that changed was that I got weather and toggle widgets paid version and LP at the same time. I uninstalled both and will report back today about battery life. I have a sneaking suspicion it could be CM too. My CM installs seem to just start sucking after a few weeks for some reason, but it always correlates to me installing new apps, so I can't say one way or another yet.
  16. OSX2000

OSX2000 New Member

I noticed something else, the lock screen always shows the wallpaper from the perspective of the middle home screen now, regardless of which screen you left it on. All the way to the right, all the way to the left, it always shows the middle when locked. Same happens now with DialerPro, which can show the wallpaper behind the dialpad...it's always the middle one.
    Last edited: May 21, 2010
Search tags for this page

action launcher pro status bar black

how to get your status bar transparent in action launcher pr

htc one status bar opaque

launcherpro change status bar

luncher ex change status bar color

phone wallpaper translucent notification bar illusion

status bar position

transparent status bar launcher pro