1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Notification Bar Gmail?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Nblufire12, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Nblufire12

Nblufire12 New Member

Hey guys,

is there any way to hook gmail into the notification bar?

so if u get a new email, it shows u the title of it and who it was from and we can archive it?

i think that would push the notification bar to the next level...?
  2. fortune730

fortune730 New Member

Music

I would agree also a play, next, back button for the music player would be awesome. I have yet to see anything. I would imagine that that's not possible.
  3. Freelancer

Freelancer New Member

GMail shows the subject and sender when the notification bar is pulled down, however I think it does this only if there's only one new unread email in your box - once there's more than one unread, it just shows the gmail address and count.

I'm with you guys though, a quick way to mark it as read, or archive, or delete from right there in the notification bar would be awesome. Or maybe a widget could be good for that too? Pure Messenger Widget sorta does that.
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  4. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I always dreamed of the notification bar doing more. Like fortune730 said, it would be great to have small music controls there, gmail would be neat too, however I dont think it is possible because no apps on the market have altered the bar like that.
  5. fortune730

fortune730 New Member

You should try launcherpro the paid version. It comes with a messaging widget that is comparable in quality to the stock HTC Widgets. Its very customizable. Try it 2.99 is a steal for what you get.
  6. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Banned

What does the Launcher Pro Plus messaging widget have to do with Gmail or the notification bar?
  7. Nblufire12

Nblufire12 New Member

I have launcher pro plus... but i dont use the messaging widget because I use Google Voice!

I cant afford text messaging from verizon! dancedroid
Search tags for this page

gmail custom notification bar

gmail notifications sender subject