Notification Bar Font Color Change

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Beardface, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Beardface

Beardface Member

Is there any quick and easy way to change the color of the text in the notification bar? I just rooted last night and applied a theme on top of stock and everything is running perfectly except for the fact that all the text in the notification bar is black instead of white, as it showed on the preview of the theme. Should this have changed with the theme, or do I need to do it myself? If so, how?

All I want to change is the font color of the time, date, and any notification that comes through in the bar itself. Thats it. Thanks in advance.
  2. cooltc2004

cooltc2004 New Member

3. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

If you're interested in installing a different ROM, give CyanogenMod a try. It has menu options for changing the bar color, text color, clock, etc, all built-in and easy to use.
  4. Beardface

Beardface Member

For now, I'm good with a themed Stock. I mainly just don't want to go through the hassle of setting up my phone again after I do a Data Wipe while installing another ROM.

I installed Bugless' NexTheme on top of Stock and its working great for me. Only thing I really need to do is to be able to change the font color from black to white (or off-white, if possible).

As I said, I'm extremely new to this, and even though I previously manually installed Android 2.1 and both versions of 2.2, I am still learning the vocab and nuances of everything associated with rooting. So if anyone can tell me in detail on what to do, that would be awesome. I currently have SPRecovery, ROM Manager (I know... I know... why have one when you have the other...), Set CPU, and Root Explorer, if that helps...
  5. Beardface

Beardface Member

OK... I'm trying to do this and I'm going into xUltimate, but it won't even recognize my phone, so I can't even go through the process to deodex it...

Can anyone help me out?
  6. tjkriegel

tjkriegel New Member

7. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

You can try ChevyNo1's Simply Stunning ROM, which lately people have been successfully installing over the top of other ROMS, with no need to reinstall apps.
    I was hesitant at first to go to a custom ROM for the same reasons you stated... but that process can now be much more simplified, and it's worth it I think.

It also has full status bar text customization.
Search tags for this page
android notification font color
change color of notification bar android 4.2

change font color notification bar android

changing colour of status bar on samsungs5

how do i change the notification panel colors on my galaxy s5
how to change font color in statusbar and notification panel

how to change font color on notification bar

how to change the color of things on a phone after rooting

moddify notification panel text color on android
notification previews font color

samsung s5 change notification bar color