Notification and Ringtone levels

rwon512

Reaction score
Just Installed MIUI and i'm loving it! I'm having a hard time figuring out how to set my notification sound level the same as my ringtone sound level, in other rom's i've used, there was a box to check so it would use the same sound levels, Am i missing it or is the option not available?

TIA

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
tap menu, tap settings, tap personal icon, tap sound settings

OP
R

rwon512

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast response, still not seeing the option to have ringtone and notifications levels syncronized, any other options?

OP
R

rwon512

Reaction score
silent mode, vibrate, flip to silence, pick up to fade tone, ringtone settings, call volume, notification ringtone, media volume, audible touch tones, audible selection, screen lock sounds, haptic feedback, emergency tones...... in my other roms there was a box i could check so that when i change the ringtone level, the notification ringtone would match....

xformulax

Reaction score
there is no option to link them that i've found... kinda stinks cause i usually spend the day with my notifications almost muted, then i get a loud call (well, ringtone is loud) from someone asking why i haven't responded (because i didnt hear the notification tone)

i'll have to manage my volume with a 3rd party app vs the volume keys.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you use the common and personal settings can you accomplish what you want?

xformulax

Reaction score
i dont think you understand the nature of the question.

previously, default behavoir would LINK ringtone and notification... you press the volume down key and BOTH would be lowered.

this is not the case in MIUI, and i dont see an option to LINK them.

OP
R

rwon512

Reaction score
thanks for all the help guys, guess i'll have to make do w/ this quirk as well, any chance of seeing this option in future updates?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I installed MIUI late Saturday so I'm still learning. Any help or insight is greatly appreciated.

ntxct

Reaction score
Can't really help much but can at least give you my method... Ive got AudioManager running as a widget so I can see where the levels are at any given time. Because I use my D1 as my mp3 player in the car, corporate email at work and obviously personal stuff on my own time, I need different levels of notifications/ringers/system volume, etc at different times.

So I found PhoneWeaver which lets you set up profiles based off time or gps and even set if wifi or data is on/off (great for nighttime profile) plus a lot more, my only qualm is the stupid icon in my notification bar, it really needs to be a crime to not have the option of turning off notification icons.