Notification alert issues

landm42006

Reaction score
Hello again friends. It's me, the inept techie with a Thunderbolt I am still trying to learn about. I have had no problem with this before, but the issue is, is that when I wanted to change my notification sound when I receive a text message from something Halloween to something Christmas, the darn thing just wont change! I have went in SEVERAL times in the few ways I can change it and it just wont change. I have also tried to delete the file, but it wont do that either. Can someone come to my aid yet again to help me before I have to go into the Verizon store and have someone sigh when I ask them how I do this. I would appreciate ANY help as you all have done before for me. Thanks in advance. :hail:

chrstdvd

Reaction score
The text message app should do it for you. I do not have a TB but I use Handcent for texting on both my Droid2 and my Droid charge. You change the notification sound in settings of the app itself. There is also a setting to make Handcent your default texting app which eliminates the Stock app from interfering. Other texting apps should have the same choices, but I am not sure if the Stock app does.

OP
landm42006

landm42006

Reaction score
Thank you for responding. I'm downloading Handcent as I type. I hope this works. If not, I'll be back. Thanks again.