Notification alert issues

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by landm42006, Nov 25, 2011.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. landm42006

landm42006 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello again friends. It's me, the inept techie with a Thunderbolt I am still trying to learn about. I have had no problem with this before, but the issue is, is that when I wanted to change my notification sound when I receive a text message from something Halloween to something Christmas, the darn thing just wont change! I have went in SEVERAL times in the few ways I can change it and it just wont change. I have also tried to delete the file, but it wont do that either. Can someone come to my aid yet again to help me before I have to go into the Verizon store and have someone sigh when I ask them how I do this. I would appreciate ANY help as you all have done before for me. Thanks in advance. :hail:
  2. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The text message app should do it for you. I do not have a TB but I use Handcent for texting on both my Droid2 and my Droid charge. You change the notification sound in settings of the app itself. There is also a setting to make Handcent your default texting app which eliminates the Stock app from interfering. Other texting apps should have the same choices, but I am not sure if the Stock app does.
  3. landm42006

landm42006 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for responding. I'm downloading Handcent as I type. I hope this works. If not, I'll be back. Thanks again.
Search tags for this page
change notification sound for words with friends

droid incredible 2 words with friends no notification

no notifications on words with friends

notification not working on words with friends
notifications for words with friends not working
samsung galaxy s3 not receiving words with friends notificat
turn off notification words with friends thunderbolt
words for friends notification not working
words with friends notification issues on android

words with friends notifications not working android