Noticing horrible battery life on CyanogenMod?? Try this!

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did try that but my phone is finicky with LV kernels.
he said he will be doing a std volt soon and I am looking fwd to that.

Great news. I tried one of his LV as well and my phone puked, as it does with most kernels that are LV.

I'm curious what exactly happens when you use LV does everything get really laggy?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did try that but my phone is finicky with LV kernels.
he said he will be doing a std volt soon and I am looking fwd to that.

Great news. I tried one of his LV as well and my phone puked, as it does with most kernels that are LV.

I'm curious what exactly happens when you use LV does everything get really laggy?

When I personally use LV? The device is completely unstable, it keeps crashing and rebooting.

mjh68

Reaction score
As long as you're trying kernels, also try jldfg or whatever, (see Cyanogenmod Droid ROM forum)...

I have had excellent results using JLDFG's kernels as well, I ran Bekit's kernels a long time. Lately , I noticed more heat coming though so tried JLDFG's and my temps dropped noticibly. I don't know what the difference between Bekit's 0.83 -0.84 , but that is when I noticed the change in my droid.

droidlayman

Reaction score
Can't comment on whether beckets are causing the drain issue since my Moto Droid will hardly run them. When installing .0.6.2 I wanted apps2sd and you have to use bekets kernal to get the program to load and just the stock 600 barely would run without force closes. After getting the rom and apps loaded I had to switch back to P3's 1000 low volt seven slot and no more problems AND apps2sd will work. You apparent must have becket kernals to load the apps2sd, as I could not get it to load with p3 kernals.

LrdElderon

Reaction score
Chevy has his new kernels out that should work with any rom, worth trying if not mentioned already.

Dang I still can't believe jdlfg has kernels out. I had to walk him through installing linux and the sdk with adb for like 2+ days lol. glad to see him taking off in the dev game =) I feel kinda proud of him, maybe that's a bit weird? I'll have to look at what changes he's made to them.

also people saying they have a little lag, if you are using apps2sd, thats most likely why. the droid sd xfer bus is notoriously slow. you could be getting lag from that? I mean it's really slow lol, barely class 2 capable.

Try xfering a large amount of data like 4-7 gigs on the phone through usb mount and then pop the sd out and put in an external sdcard adapter and do the same. you'll prob get 3+mb/s sustained over what the phone can do on the same card... bleh.

Royal2000H

Reaction score
I ran P3's 1 GHz in the past. Running bekit's LV 1 GHz now...
I don't know which gives me better battery life or speed but both are stable on my droid.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am using app2sd but the lag difference was there before too. the difference in lag between on device or app2sd was so minimal for me it really wasn't an issue. I don't use any LWP or anything.

wreichard

Reaction score
When I first installed CM7 on my Incredible, I was, without exaggeration, seeing the battery drop by about 50% in two hours. And I could tell something was going on, because the phone was always warm. Nothing appeared to be syncing; like others here, I was seeing display consumption at about 80%.

Thought I would MIUI, so flashed that, but it seemed to bog the phone down badly, and I don't care for the style, so I figured I'd try Chad's kernel before going back to Virtuous. After flashing Chad's kernel, setting the CPU to its lowest minimum and using smartass, the phone seems to be back to its normal tepid battery life (which means never being sure it will make it all day, but generally making it most of the day). Fingers crossed. CM7 is so great...really hope this can be addressed. Because if it could, there'd be no competition--this would absolutely be the best smartphone OS I've used.