1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Noticing a bug

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by SuGaR, Feb 23, 2010.

1. SuGaR

SuGaR New Member

So lately I've been noticing that if I leave my phone sleeping it will not wake up at times...it has happened maybe 5 times and its really been bugging me. The only solution to fix it is to do a battery pull to reboot. Has anyone else had this problem?
  2. sorrule

sorrule New Member

I've had this happen to me too, prob 3-4 times now. I'm on bb7.5 and they only way to start it back up is to do a battery pull. Some one has to know the answer.
  3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

I'm running BB 7.5 and have not had any problems. Makes one wonder what is going on with the chip, OS, etc.

Mike
  4. sorrule

sorrule New Member

I don't know if it's BB but it is annoying, especially if I'm missing any phone calls or messeges.
  5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

This isn't the way Droid works. I would be suspicious of something like this.

I think that a hard data reset is what I would do. See if it still happens with no apps in the phone. If it does replace the phone.

I'd also suggest if you're running a task killer or a virus program to get rid of those. They have both been known to cause issues. Try that before a hard data reset.
  6. SuGaR

SuGaR New Member

Im on 1.1 and it is doing it. Task killer you say could be a problem? Does having games/browser running in the background cause battery loss? That's the reason im using ATK.
  7. sorrule

sorrule New Member

No apps running in the background shouldn't cause excessive battery loss. There is a thread out there somewhere about task killers and how they aren't neccessary. I did have antivirus and ATK on my but I uninstalled them. Since then I still have had a couple incidences. They aren't regular but every once in a while it would do it.

Is a hard reset just pressing "x" and rebooting that way or does it involve more?
  8. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Here's how to do a full hard reset:

1. Turn the Droid off. If it won’t turn off, take the battery out then place it back in.

2. Open the keyboard and press the X key while pressing and holding Power. The device will power on. Keep holding the buttons down until a yellow triangle appers.

3. Press the Camera and Volume Up buttons at the same time to get to the menu. (I had to press them several times).

4. Use the direction pad to the right of the keyboard to select the Format option.