nothing to do with 2.1 so please don't delete

n813ca

Reaction score
when i have my phone turned off and i plug it in to charge it turns back on. is there a way to stop this?

warrior21

Reaction score
No, your phone will always be on when it is plugged in.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
The other replies are correct. You'll have to live with this.

Mike

OP
N

n813ca

Reaction score
Thank you for the answer. I had asked 2 other times but my post kept getting deleted. Thanks again, at least I know it is normal.

justbob

Reaction score
Get yourself a standalone battery charger and you can charge the battery when it's out of the phone.

smrivera80

Reaction score
just hit the power button to turn the screen off, phone will still be on.

I only ask this because I mainly charge my phone while I'm driving (I have a 40 minute commute to and from work), so I use my home charger less often. But doesn't this automatically happen anyway? When I'm charging in the car, the screen does go dark without me having to do anything; wakes up as normal if I unlock it. I should observe what the phone does when I'm charging it at home...

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, your screen will timeout and go off if you do not do anything like hitting the power button.

it will do the same thing if you plug it in and leave it alone on the home charger as well, most of us just hit the button and set it down to charge. Doesn't really matter either way. :)