NOTHING but AP Fastboot works...

macsta187

Reaction score
tl;dr fastboot, rsd lite, recovery mode, all doesn't work...

I'm pretty new to this whole thing, but I've hit a roadblock that I can not seem to overcome.

I was bored one day so I decided to download a program that let's you run two roms (not any two, but a clean version of the rom I had installed).
When I restarted the phone, it got up to the red spinning graphics, but it would repeat over and over for 30minutes +.
So when I pulled the battery, things started going crazy.
However, I was able to fix that via RSD Lite 5.5. I updated via OTA to the latest version and re-rooted the phone.

When I tried to reinstall the custom rom (I believe Eclipse), it got up to the Dual Core Technology screen and never moved on.
From there, RSD Lite won't work, fastboot won't work, and I can not get into recovery or basically any options you get from holding Vol+/- and Power.
It will go straight into AP Fastboot.
I tried different targa versions, a p2d targa version, and basically any files I would find that seems to come from a reputable place...

"platform-tools>fastboot devices" lists 0A3BAB911401800A fastboot
attempting "fastboot flash boot boot.img" will either say
sending 'boot' (8192 KB)...
FAILED (data transfer failure (Unknown error))
or
it will say sending 'boot' (8192 KB)...
and stay there forever.
Same with recovery.img and system.img

I read something about putting files on the ext-sd card, but found it pointless as it required using recovery mode.

One more thing:
When I try recovery mode, it will briefly show the motorola symbol then immediately go into flash mode.
It says:
----------------------------------------------
Invalid Flash Mode (S) (Boot Failure)
0A.61

Battery Low
Cannot Program
Transfer Mode:
USB Connected

Invalid CG OTV (CG:system): Invalid SP Data
Invalid CG HAB (CG:system, status 0X004E)
Invalid CG OTV (CG:system)
----------------------------------------------

(I figured out how to bypass the battery low thing)
I am grateful for any suggestions and helps that you can send my way.
Thank you.

android1981

Reaction score
I also need help with this situation. My phone does not go into recovery at all either. I completed the one click pathsaver to 901 which i lost root. I then made an attempt to go back to re-aquire my root and somewhere fudged it up. I then tried to flash the 901 again and in between their lost all hope when I hit my power button and get only into

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
0A.61

Battery OK
Okay to program
Connect USB
Data Cable

From there I made an attempt to power up normally and received this screen.

First The Motorola "M" and then jumps to this:

Invalid Flash Mode (S) (Boot Failure)
0A.61

Battery OK
Okay to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Invalid CG OTV (CG: system): Invalid SP Data
Invalid CG HAB (CG: system, status: 0X004E)
Invalid CG OTV (CG: system)

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Also macsta 187 can you let me know how you fixed the battery issue. I was able to shut down the phone and receive the battery icon prior but not anymore so I dont know the percentage of battery available anymore and do not want to flash something and the battery all of a sudden die on me.....

Thanks,

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
If you flashed the 902 update and went back to 901 you will get fastboot errors. In the main bionic forum there's a stickied thread for flashing to 902 and contains a solution for rooting 902. The guy is sargentmajord (something like that) and he and a couple others developed the solution and have fixed close to 600 bionics.

It's stickied on the main Bionic forum that's where you need to look for help!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
M

macsta187

Reaction score
For the battery problem, I sacrificed a usb cable for that. When I cut the wire, there was a black, red, white, and green cable.
I stripped the red and black wires, shoved the red into the + and black into the -.
While shoved into the battery, I shoved it back into the phone. That recharged the battery and allowed me to use RSD Lite without having to worry about the bootloader reloading and telling me low battery.

Interestingly, it was ONLY when I had the wires plugged in that RSD Lite and using fastboot on cmd worked.
When I tried without the extra usb cable directly powering the phone(/recharging the battery), it would never work.

As of now, I got 5.5.902 installed and using safestrap, I have ICS 4.0.3 installed.
I guess I used a bit of an unconventional fix, but finally got it to work.

Oh, and I did try that DunDun. It would just fail and give me some generic error every time.
It was only using that weird usb cable hack that finally got it working...
My phone, like most of my electronics, behave unusually.

Last edited:

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
If you had to splice a usb cable, then your battery was dead. If your stuck in fastboot the battery won't charge and RSD won't work with a dead battery... glad you got it to work!

android1981

Reaction score
got it on the battery. I appreciate the feed back and will have to find a extra cord laying around...

Also far as my situation. I have only two screens, one is the AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) and the other is Invalid Flash Mode with the Invalid CG OTV ststem SP data, Invalid CG HAB system 0X004E (I believe) and then Invalid CG OTV system again for a total of three invalid lines. I made an attempt at flashing the sergeantmajord 902 and it would stop at I belive number 3 with failed mbm loader... I then tried the another which I forget and, I believe it was 893 and it failed after 1 and gave me a cdt.bin error.

Thanks for the battery input macsta 187....

Also anyone that may have a clue as to help me out of the hole that I dug for myself a helpful hand would be greatly appreciated... Also I used one click pathsaver to 901, lost root and tried to go back to 893 and lost all sanity in between there......

Thanks,

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
got it on the battery. I appreciate the feed back and will have to find a extra cord laying around...

Also far as my situation. I have only two screens, one is the AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) and the other is Invalid Flash Mode with the Invalid CG OTV ststem SP data, Invalid CG HAB system 0X004E (I believe) and then Invalid CG OTV system again for a total of three invalid lines. I made an attempt at flashing the sergeantmajord 902 and it would stop at I belive number 3 with failed mbm loader... I then tried the another which I forget and, I believe it was 893 and it failed after 1 and gave me a cdt.bin error.

Thanks for the battery input macsta 187....

Also anyone that may have a clue as to help me out of the hole that I dug for myself a helpful hand would be greatly appreciated... Also I used one click pathsaver to 901, lost root and tried to go back to 893 and lost all sanity in between there......

Thanks,

Your getting cbt.bin errors; you need the 902 cbt.bin file since you flashed it already and should be good to go.

The fastest fix that worked for me was rsdlite and flashing the 902 FMZ file. I don't know it that will take you off the upgrade path but, it worked for me and that was all I cared about.

Guy's I'm not a tech. The place to go to get your devices fixed, is that thread... the techs watch that thread.

kkemp

Reaction score
What thread cuz I got myself in a jam too and I can't seem to get any help

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
M

macsta187

Reaction score
If you had to splice a usb cable, then your battery was dead. If your stuck in fastboot the battery won't charge and RSD won't work with a dead battery... glad you got it to work!

The weird thing was, even when I had battery, it would not flash. It was only after I started using the usb hack, that things started to work. Damn thing wouldn't flash even with full battery. Like I said, all my electronics don't behave properly...
But thank you for all your inputs and hope at least one person suffers less after reading about my little experience.