1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

.notheme file

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by kevdog, Jan 14, 2010.

1. kevdog

kevdog New Member

I found a method to eliminate certain folders to show up within the Gallery. This is useful for example if you have a bunch of theme folders or mockups, and you really don't these to load within the gallery app. If you add a file zero length named .nomedia to the folder, the contents of this folder are skipped and not added to the gallery.

A zero length file is a file without any content. An easy way to make the file on cygwin/linux/droid with busybox installed (utilizing terminal prompt), is:
    touch .nomedia

You can then copy this file to different directories that you would like to exclude.
  2. gardobus

gardobus New Member

why is the thread titled .notheme file if your talking about the .nomedia file?
  3. kevdog

kevdog New Member

Yea a typo on my part --- perhaps a mod could change the title to .nomedia.
    Thanks for viewing the thread.
  4. gardobus

gardobus New Member

ah okay, I wasn't sure if you found .notheme and it did something also
Search tags for this page

android .notheme