note vs i5

russellj0

Reaction score
I hope I don't upset anyone with this post but I'm due for a upgrade the end of may and was wondering if i should get the note or the iPhone 5 what are your thoughts

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Have you had a chance to check out both devices in person?

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
The Note 2 size may be intimidating but it is a beast of a phone. I love its speed and ability. I can easily connect Bluetooth devices like keyboard and mice to make it some what of a netbook for type papers or long emails. screen is big & awesome.

xtor

Reaction score
The force is strong in this one, get the note 2 , and don't cross over to the dark side. The note 2 is just bad a$$ you won't regret having one

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
My adult son loves iPhone (and he started with Android, go figure). He finally got his coveted iPhone 4 last year and has been happy as a clam. When the iPhone 5 came out, he couldn't wait to finally afford it. Well, short story long, he was playing with a friend's note 2 and his dream of owning the iPhone 5 is history. He can't wait to get a note 2.

Go to the store and spend some time playing with both phones. If you are a person who likes to tinker with your phone, discover new features, do lots of different things with your phone, then you will love the note 2. If you use your phone for the basics (phone, text, occasional internet, etc), then the iPhone might work better for you (although having a note 2 might quickly change how you typically use your phone).

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope I don't upset anyone with this post but I'm due for a upgrade the end of may and was wondering if i should get the note or the iPhone 5 what are your thoughts

What will be your main uses?
Will it be a media machine,a work enhancer or something different?
Do you already have anything by Apple? Are you satisfied if so?

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Here's my feeble take on it based on the usage of Android vs iOS for my large customer base. If mail and some WEB browsing will be your primary use, either will work. If you want to be able to do more than iOS may not be the best option.

I have a cuistomer with an iPhone and he was very upset one day when I was in his office and could properly view his WEB site, but he couldn't. One major gripe some have with the iPhone is that you can't change the default browser when opening a link in a message and some people would rather NOT use Safari so even browsing is not optimal.

xtor

Reaction score
What will be your main uses?
Will it be a media machine,a work enhancer or something different?
Do you already have anything by Apple? Are you satisfied if so?

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Nice to see the, (support our troops) as a army veteran it good to see, I think I'll add that to mine also, thanks

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score

Everyone is right in their posting. It's a little more personal than asking which is right for you. Here's a short list of pros for each

iPhone:
Tons of accessories
Very good support
Great ecosystem(itunes/Mac integration)
Easy to use

Note 2:
S-Pen features and true digitizer are great for artists or if you prefer to handwrite texts etc
Battery lasts for up to 48 hours(or longer if you're good)
5.5" AMOLED screen is bright and beautiful
SD Card and replaceable battery

Ultimately you should play with each before you make your call. If you know you're going to get one or the other. Get the one you like the least. Use it for a week(or up to 30 days), and if you don't like it send it back for the other phone. Don't trust the in store experiences unless you factory reset the phone before messing with it. Remember that everyone and their grandma has tortured the in store phones.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Note 2 is outstanding.. But you need to play with them in advance to see what you will like and how you use the phone.. I would test drive the phone.. Verizon you can get it for 14 days before you change your mind.. $35 restocking fee is worth it IMO if you want to test a phone.. Good luck.

Noted2x..

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
My perspective is this: I don't HATE Apple. I do resent how their ecosystem is structured, in that you're so locked in to iTunes for everything. But that leads to a user-friendly experience for folks who don't want to jump through hoops for their music and apps. And to be truthful, most of my resentment of Apple stems from tech reviewers: for many years, every phone review of any phone included some variation of "it's no iPhone", assuming iPhone to always be the best phone for everyone.
ANYWAY, I prefer Android phones because I feel that the infrastructure for music and apps is more versatile and generous. I prefer the Note 2 in particular because of three things the iPhone doesn't have: 1) a Ginormous screen (videos and games look amazing!), 2) removable battery, and 3) flexible storage with the SD card slot. I LOVE this phone, because I want the screen real estate and app flexibility of a tablet without having to carry both a tablet and a phone. Between the great call quality, video experience, camera, gps, google now, google maps, and gaming, this phone literally does everything I want.
Now, having said all that, there is one thing I admire about the iPhone: it's clean, "industrial" look. It just LOOKS like a compact, efficient machine. In fact, if I had 60 bucks to spare, I would get this case for my Note 2, which makes it look kind of like a large iPhone:
HunterF Galaxy Note 2 Ultra Thin Metal case
...especially that silver/aluminum one. Holy cow, that's a sweet-looking case!

Caesars

Reaction score
Def use both at the store, I actually went with the iPhone 5 (canceled Verizon and tried the iPhone 5 on a less expensive plan). OMG- the note 2 was by far the best phone I've ever used, this iPhone is "ok" at best, it would be too hard for me to type out every reason why the note was better on this tiny screen. Don't screw yourself, get the note 2.

Galaxy note 2 + iPhone 5

cmcguffee

Reaction score
I just want to point out that this is the most civilized comparing and contrasting between android and iOS I've ever seen. Also, if this helps any my brother was the biggest Apple fan for the longest time (he got a MacBook, iPad 3 and iPhone 5 as quick as he could when he got back from being stationed in Korea) and just traded his iPhone for a Note 2.

wingdo

Reaction score
Indeed this is a civilized thread. Usually by post 4 it's all gone to hell in a handbasket.

Both are great phones. I'd be willing to use either. I've never owned an iPhone, but have a house full of Apple products. I like the widgets Android allows and well ..... I've just always had Android. I am leaning toward a Note 2 (waiting to see the S4 in person) although I do not like white phones.

One thing I do *love* about iOS / iPhone is the all in one settings page. It just seems cleaner to *me*. I know the arguments for having separate settings for each app, and I will not deny that as a plus for Android, but for me I like going to settings and just having everything there.

There is no right or wrong answer to what phone OS to choose. They are both great. We live in a time when there are many choices, most of which will serve people very well. MY biggest single knock against the iPhone is that from my understanding, 3rd party browsers still have to rely on the built in webkit base. Perhaps this changed with the iPhone 5 or upcoming 5S.