Note 9 released early???

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Reading that the Note 9 might be released early. Like July...Just another rumor or is there some truth to it. What I found interesting is the article also says the s9 is not selling that well and that could be the reason they might move up the date. Just wondering, should it not be the other way?

The Galaxy S9 lineup has been available for about a month now, but it seems that Samsung is scrambling. There have been reports that sales for the Galaxy S9 have been much lower than anticipated.

This has forced Samsung to move up its scheduled release for the Galaxy Note 9. Originally, the device wasn’t expected to arrive until this fall, but a new report claims that we could see a launch as early as July or August.

We could see the Galaxy Note 9 a bit earlier than expected

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I can't see Samsung trying to rush the Note series due to bad S9 sales... I'd like to know what they are considering bad sales.....

I'm guessing most people just didn't see the big wow factors they were hoping for.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I can't see Samsung trying to rush the Note series due to bad S9 sales... I'd like to know what they are considering bad sales.....

I'm guessing most people just didn't see the big wow factors they were hoping for.

they are saying it is bad sales because so far they have sold less than what the s8 sold when it was first released.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
With phone prices sky-rocketing close to $1000 each I think it's time manufacturers realize that many people aren't going to rush out an buy the new model, just because it's the new model. Maybe they did in years past, but who can afford that now year after year. This is the first time I have had the same phone for 18 + months in a long time. I'm not going to spend $750 just to have the new model, when my current phone still runs great.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
With phone prices sky-rocketing close to $1000 each I think it's time manufacturers realize that many people aren't going to rush out an buy the new model, just because it's the new model. Maybe they did in years past, but who can afford that now year after year. This is the first time I have had the same phone for 18 + months in a long time. Buy I'm not going to spend $750 just to have the new model, when my current phone still runs great.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I agree! But I also think most people don't see it that way now that so many people are doing the installment plans on their devices. I also think that is factored into the price... Therefore people buying devices outright are getting ripped...

The longest device I had was my Note 4 and i think i made it 20 months with that. At this point i still plan on keeping my Note 8. I'm really looking at getting a Dex to compliment it.

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I agree, not everyone can afford to pay that amount to upgrade a perfectly good phone every couple of years. I am afraid the note 9 will also be disappointing.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Especially when those 1k phones will cost a fraction of that few months later.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I agree, not everyone can afford to pay that amount to upgrade a perfectly good phone every couple of years. I am afraid the note 9 will also be disappointing.
That slo motion camera though... How cool!!!! But I know me.. it's something I'd use a couple times right away as a novelty but then I'd forget about it or not use it..... But man do I have some cool ideas with it target shooting...

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8