Note 8 Devices Are Bricking After Fully Discharging

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy_note8_front_back_pen_midnight-black-600x340-jpg.78184

We have not seen any defects to speak of when it comes to the Note 8. This is exactly what Samsung needed after the Note 7 fiasco. That being said we may unfortunately have our very first major Note 8 defect. Some users are reporting that their devices have bricked after fully discharging the battery. For these users the phone will not power up after the battery has fully depleted even after charging for several hours. There is currently no fix for this issue and Samsung is encouraging those experiencing this issue to have their phone replaced.

Samsung's Official Statement:

We have yet to get any official report for this matter and are unable to comment until we obtain more specific information of the phone. Any customers with the similar matter are encouraged to contact Samsung at Local Customer Care number

via Piunikaweb

Attachments

• Galaxy_Note8_Front_Back_Pen_Midnight-Black-600x340.jpg
    Galaxy_Note8_Front_Back_Pen_Midnight-Black-600x340.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 5,469

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Wow, this is good to know. I wonder if you power off before complete depletion will avoid this.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
this is the third post about this. as I said in another thread, my phone has never gone below 50 percent so I am really not too concerned about this.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
FWIW, my new (christmas gift) Note 8 had died on me on the second day of ownership. Fortunately, it was before this news broke, otherwise I would have been a little stressed out. I plugged it back in (apparently the dog knocked the plug out of the wall) and powered it back up. All is well, thankfully.

When this happened I was on the November security patch and have since received the December patch on my VZW Best Buy purchased Coral Blue variant.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Gremlin

Reaction score
I have let mine go to zero and it charged fine.. just probably a bad batch..

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
mine did too when i first got it so not Sure if there was an Upgrade to Firmware that could have caused an Issue.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8

ayanav

Banned
Reaction score
hoping that Samsung will quickly solve this battery problem and that the life of the Galaxy Note 8 will not be as short as that of the Note 7.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.iphon7.fr/ prix iphone 8

Last edited:

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
hoping that Samsung will quickly solve this battery problem and that the life of the Galaxy Note 8 will not be as short as that of the Note 7.

its already longer. is really not that much of a problem as long as you don't drain it 100 % and it really does not seem to be wide spread.