Note 7 recall?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
No issues here, nor temperature increase while charging. I hope i dont have to go through the hassle of a mandatory recall.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Here either. I don't want to deal with this. My phone's been flawless from day one.

Reactions: cr6

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Buddy of mine got one. He's had no issues either. I let him know about the potential recall.

All he said was he wouldn't mind getting a fresh one in a couple of months if they have units to replace the recalled ones.

I didn't read the article linked in the OP, but one I read earlier said they think it only affects like .1 or .01% of devices shipped. I haven't been keeping a CLOSE eye on the situation, but also sounds like they've only had reports of them exploding in Asia, so hopefully the US units are fine.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
No issues here, doesn't even get warm during heavy use/charging like my S6 did...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Buddy of mine got one. He's had no issues either. I let him know about the potential recall.

All he said was he wouldn't mind getting a fresh one in a couple of months if they have units to replace the recalled ones.

I didn't read the article linked in the OP, but one I read earlier said they think it only affects like .1 or .01% of devices shipped. I haven't been keeping a CLOSE eye on the situation, but also sounds like they've only had reports of them exploding in Asia, so hopefully the US units are fine.

Supposedly it's only 1 out of 42,000. And none in the US so far. But it doesn't add up. With that small a number a 100% recall seems drastic. So I think it might be worse than they're letting on.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Supposedly it's only 1 out of 42,000. And none in the US so far. But it doesn't add up. With that small a number a 100% recall seems drastic. So I think it might be worse than they're letting on.

Same here. They discovered something they're not sharing.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Same here. They discovered something they're not sharing.

Maybe that they need to add more ram and a faster chipset so it can actually multi-task faster than an iPhone 4...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

LG recalled a smartwatch and took it off the market over a POSSIBLE flaw that wasn't even something possibly dangerous to the user. Fear of frivolous lawsuits causes all kinds of strange behavior . I'm thinking it's just they have 0 clue how many potential battery bombs are in the wild. With Samsung the left hand has no clue what the right hand is doing and often won't even admit the right hand exists.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
LG recalled a smartwatch and took it off the market over a POSSIBLE flaw that wasn't even something possibly dangerous to the user. Fear of frivolous lawsuits causes all kinds of strange behavior . I'm thinking it's just they have 0 clue how many potential battery bombs are in the wild. With Samsung the left hand has no clue what the right hand is doing and often won't even admit the right hand exists.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
If I remember right, that watch hadn't actually started shipping yet. I'm pretty sure only review units had shipped & they pulled it from market before ever actually shipping one to a customer.

While similar, this is definitely a bigger deal.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Yeah...this is much bigger than Samsung is actually saying.... but our phones appear to be acting properly besides mine does get a little toasty when I use my Anker portable battery pack.

Sent from my Sexy Note7

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Toss that pack for use with the Note, my Note doesn't even get warm with the stock fast charger.
I'm not worried or concerned, but will accept a freshy, as long as I'm not expecting to mail it back first.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Got this text from att

"AT&T Free Msg: Samsung has announced that current Galaxy Note7 devices may have a potential battery issue and are investigating the issue for potential safety concerns. Please return your device and any Note7 accessories for an exchange as soon as possible. You can get more details at www.att.com/note7"

Just exchanged mine for a s7 edge till they get new ones in....att was told not to sale any note 7s. So I'm on a s7 edge till the time they get in new note 7s
Figured better safe than sorry..lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I totally agree Miller I was just getting around to buying one, but if I HAD purchased one, I wouldn't box it up and send it back until they sent the replacement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk