Note 7 investigation complete and official results posted

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I know I know, many of you are tired of Note 7 talk. This issue began at the start of the NFL season and here we are at the end of the season still talking Note 7. Sorry but if you can hold back your wrath just "one more gin" I'll try and wrap it up with a quick summary that will hold back from trigger words such as "exploded, exploding, or explosions".

But Samsung has concluded it's investigations and as we thought the incidents were a result of faulty batteries. The original batteries were manufactured incorrectly with small casings and negative electrodes located in the wrong spot. The second batch, used to try and correct the issues with the first, had welding burrs that penetrated the protective tape.

To prevent any future issues Samsung has put in place a committee that will oversea the process as well as put batteries through extensive testing before releasing to the public.

Source: Galaxy Note7 investigation finds two distinct battery problems

Last edited:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I personally have no ill will against Samsung for this issue. Sure, it sucks and they lost a **** ton of money with a failed device but **** happens. Chevrolet doesn't go out of business because of a recall. They will rebound. If they have more battery issues though, thats gonna hurt them so I do hope they fix the issue for real.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good for Sammy on finding the issue, addressing it, sharing their results, and moving forward.

Now, please send me a coupon for 40% off their Galaxy S8, and let's call it even Steven.

Reactions: cr6

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I was a bit annoyed because of how long it took. It was like 6-8 weeks ago "Ok, we found the problem... we'll tell you about it soon..."

Reactions: cr6

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
How about utilize all those Note7 carcasses, and put a good battery in them, and sell em to those of us who would want one?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How about utilize all those Note7 carcasses, and put a good battery in them, and sell em to those of us who would want one?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Unless they rename it, going to be hard. Plus we are on to 2017 devices. About time they go through the logistics we will be on the verge of the note 8 and that device will feel like a step backwards.

With that said I'm with you. In fact I would like to see it released as a Google experienced device.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unless they rename it, going to be hard. Plus we are on to 2017 devices. About time they go through the logistics we will be on the verge of the note 8 and that device will feel like a step backwards.

With that said I'm with you. In fact I would like to see it released as a Google experienced device.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
There's already a Note8. It's an 8" tablet.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

ayanav

Banned
Reaction score
Samsung reacted for Note 7 in a masterful way, where Steve Jobs would have blamed the customers. I hope the Note 8 will live up to our expectations. I have confidence in this brand. Bravo.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
galaxy note 8 prix acheter galaxy s6

Last edited: