Note 7 Explosion Causes House Fire In The USA

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, Sep 7, 2016.

1. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,409
    You may be right that the individuals have faced a great loss and if so we all would feel for them.

I know that we have posted on here before a while back when a customer said their phone blew up on them and it was a hoax.

Before we get too excited one way or another let's rest this until we allow the facts to surface.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. TheCheeze

TheCheeze Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Also being from West Michigan (Whitehall/Muskegon) I sadly have to agree 100% with this assessment. Maybe it's just the region but people don't take pride in their jobs and won't go the extra mile for research on them

• Like Like x 2
  3. Miller6386

Miller6386 Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +2,038
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 8
    Twitter:
    CoreyFMiller
    Lol. Muskegon here.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

4. cr6

cr6 Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,685
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge
    Twitter:
    @dronewolfmedia
    Me too, regarding the cashing in part.
    Who leaves their phone at home? One of the main reasons to have a cell phone (at least for me) is so you if you run into any problems while you're out, or your family needs to get in touch with you, you have a means of communication. It's got nothing to do with being "tethered" to your smartphone 24/7. It's called practicality.
    But I also don't live in a big city where you can walk a block and use someone's phone if you need assistance, so there's that.

S5 tap'n

• Like Like x 1
  5. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,338
    I leave mine at home sometimes BUT because I have a smartwatch that makes calls and other pda stuff. I agree for the non Gear S owners it's pointless to have a smartphone and not use it, especially since you're paying both line charge and data plan charge. I'm a cheap somebody so I'm looking at it from that perspective but those with more dollars than sense might look at it differently.

Support Our Troops!!!
    Beast Mode 4

<><

• Like Like x 1
  6. Efin

Efin Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +3,617
    Stash it in the GF's purse... ;)

7. Jester80

Jester80 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have actually been on the phone with Samsung and my Carrier many times discussing this and according to my Carrier this is being classified by Samsung as MISUSE. People are not using Samsung chargers and or chords.

8. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,270
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    Nobody said this was definitely an insurance fraud case. Nobody said this was deliberately used as a way to "cash in". What they did say was that these things DO happen and for anyone to say they don't is to ignore history, which time and time again proves that there are people who will take this "opportunity" to "cash in" as you put it.

Look, the article mentioned this was not a completed investigation and that it had not been conclusively determined to be the phone at the center of the car fire. What IS the news in this news post is that Samsung IS supporting the claim and helping the owner to get back what was lost. Samsung isn't crying foul, and so I really don't suspect foul play in this case.

Still, we must ALL realize that although people are innocent until proven guilty, there are those who are actually guilty and are either found guilty and convicted, or are able to escape prosecution even though they are. Likewise, there are times when our legal system fails and places innocent people under convictions and penalty, so we must ALL be careful not to accuse anyone carelessly and without due cause.

9. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,270
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    And I think we ALL agree with you here. The issue wasn't raised by the OP so much as it was interpreted from information provided in the news report cited. If the jury is out, there remains suspicion. Until the investigation is over and a decision or determination has been made, we can be curious and look at all the possibilities in a debate, but I saw nobody here saying unequivocally that the person whose Jeep burned up was committing fraud.

Folks, let's keep this thread a little lower on the temperature gauge. We all have our own opinions and we are all entitled to that opinion. Let's respect each other and if we disagree, let's keep it a debate and not anything more heated.

10. Briankbl

Briankbl Active Member

Ratings:
    +104
    This is the original post I responded to earlier. I'm quoting again just to be clear. Of course I understand that there are some people out there looking to capitalize on things like this. However, really look at the above post. pc747 posts a link and underneath alludes to the victim, and others, "looking for a payday", questioning the validity of their claims, with no proof to back up his theory. I'm sorry, but that's wrong. Some guy lost his car. A family lost their house. Until something suspicious turns up, there is no reason to post what he did.

Again, his quote was specifically referencing his linked article.

Anyways, that's my last post on the matter. Have a great night all.

S-pen'd from my Note 7!

11. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +3,460
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Note 3
    I'm just happy I didn't get a Note 7 like I really really wanted. Maybe when the safe batch becomes available, they will lower the price.

Samsung will also have to have some way for consumers to know that a used N7's they may want to buy is one that is not from their first batch. Maybe rename it to Note 7s (s for safe, lol). I am sure there will be many people that don't return their phones and then they'll be up for sale next year.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +3,460
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Note 3
    Guess that's already been taken care of...

http://www.droidforums.net/index.php?threads/290754/

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Search tags for this page

note 7 causes house fire

note 7 explodes in us

note 7 fire usa

note 7 fires in usa