Note 7 Explosion Causes House Fire In The USA

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
This is the original post I responded to earlier. I'm quoting again just to be clear. Of course I understand that there are some people out there looking to capitalize on things like this. However, really look at the above post. pc747 posts a link and underneath alludes to the victim, and others, "looking for a payday", questioning the validity of their claims, with no proof to back up his theory. I'm sorry, but that's wrong. Some guy lost his car. A family lost their house. Until something suspicious turns up, there is no reason to post what he did.

Again, his quote was specifically referencing his linked article.

Anyways, that's my last post on the matter. Have a great night all.

S-pen'd from my Note 7!
@Briankbl , I don't disagree with you in that it's wrong to suggest someone has acted suspiciously unless you have "just cause" to make such an accusation. I still say that @pc747 wasn't actually questioning the validity of that specific victim's claim, just that he was using that case as a basis for making an observation that perhaps there is reason to question some in the grand scheme of this issue. Call it skepticism, call it curiosity, call it doubt, but it wasn't specific to that case. At least that's how I read it. You may read it and interpret it differently and that's OK too.

In the world of communication, perception is reality for most people, so we sometimes may say things that weren't perhaps as carefully worded as they could be. On the other hand, it seems that compared with decades ago people can sometimes be far more easily offended by comments that are perhaps "not politically correct", or perhaps "suggestive". The current presidential candidates can tell you a thing or two about interpretation of statements and how easily they can be flipped in one way or another, simply based on the perspective of the listener or viewer.

I know @pc747 and I'm sure he didn't mean it the way it might have been interpreted by some. I also don't think you are wrong for thinking it might have been what you've suggested it was. I can see how someone might get that impression. I am simply trying to play referee here. No foul ball, no personal fouls, simply a scrimmage. We will play on.

ticketbabe

Reaction score
Samsung was pretty quick on their own to notify me of the problem a few days after receiving mine. I was advised by Samsung, Verizon & Best Buy to power off & return immediately.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

ticketbabe

Reaction score
I was immediately notified by email from Samsung, Verizon & BestBuy within days to power off & return phone. Had my phone even gotten warm, I would have. I power off at night & place it in an open cookie tin, using in power saving mode during day, charging just to 70%. 9/19 brought a Verizon update on my phone which warns me every time I turn it on to power off/return. It also turns the battery icon in upper right corner of phone to green if the phone is safe. Mine is white..replacement should show green. This is how airlines will know it has been exchanged. I accept the responsibility with full knowledge of the danger, taking careful precautions. Tomorrow should be the day we start seeing replacements. Yay.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I was immediately notified by email from Samsung, Verizon & BestBuy within days to power off & return phone. Had my phone even gotten warm, I would have. I power off at night & place it in an open cookie tin, using in power saving mode during day, charging just to 70%. 9/19 brought a Verizon update on my phone which warns me every time I turn it on to power off/return. It also turns the battery icon in upper right corner of phone to green if the phone is safe. Mine is white..replacement should show green. This is how airlines will know it has been exchanged. I accept the responsibility with full knowledge of the danger, taking careful precautions. Tomorrow should be the day we start seeing replacements. Yay.

Being as responsible as that with your phone is impressive. Still, any charging at this point (other than perhaps the updated protocol) can subject the battery to potential damage and subsequent failure.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk