Note 7 Explosion Causes House Fire In The USA

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Yep, Samsung has a real mess on their hands. Now a car fire... Father shocked after Samsung Galaxy Note 7 torches his family car

38186F4900000578-3780858-image-a-26_1473382357579.jpg
38186F5C00000578-3780858-image-m-36_1473382578046.jpg
38186F6000000578-3780858-image-m-39_1473382610034.jpg
38186F6800000578-3780858-image-m-38_1473382596932.jpg

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Anyone have a note 7 they want to sell? I have a car I don't want anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Haha, ahh... No. Btw, no talking about ins. fraud. Not a road we want to venture down, even in jest.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I hope that these people are not making up stories to try and cash in on Samsung. I feel bad for them if their home, car did catch fire because of a phone. That's terrible. Hopefully they are not just trying to make a buck off of an already bad situation.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I hope that these people are not making up stories to try and cash in on Samsung. I feel bad for them if their home, car did catch fire because of a phone. That's terrible. Hopefully they are not just trying to make a buck off of an already bad situation.

I really doubt it. If it were, these types of "accidents" would be much more prevalent. And for real, what kind of sicko would elect to burn their house down with all their possessions in it? I had that happen to me last December and I can tell you, you never recover from it. We will be remembering things we lost in the fire for the rest of our lives, including my female lap cat, Bridget. She was the best.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I really doubt it. If it were, these types of "accidents" would be much more prevalent. And for real, what kind of sicko would elect to burn their house down with all their possessions in it? I had that happen to me last December and I can tell you, you never recover from it. We will be remembering things we lost in the fire for the rest of our lives, including my female lap cat, Bridget. She was the best.

I may have never said this, but sorry about your house fire Fox. It happened to me as a kid and I remember how terrible it was.

I didn't mean that either person intentionally set the fire. I never even thought that. What I hope is that after the fire happened, for whatever reason, they are not instantly jumping on the "it was my Note 7 that did it" idea.

Briankbl

Reaction score
http://goo.gl/k9TxK1

I am beginning to wonder how many of these stories are legit and how many are looking for a payday.

Are you alluding to the story you linked to being a farce/scam? Why would you assume something like that? He even said he lost thousands due to modifications he made to his vehicle that aren't going to be recouped.

S-pen'd from my Note 7!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Haha, ahh... No. Btw, no talking about ins. fraud. Not a road we want to venture down, even in jest.

It wouldn't be insurance fraud. I'd just only charge it in the car.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you alluding to the story you linked to being a farce/scam? Why would you assume something like that? He even said he lost thousands due to modifications he made to his vehicle that aren't going to be recouped.

S-pen'd from my Note 7!
I would hope it isn't, and if that is the case for any of the victims that is a tough thing having my parents having their house burned down 5-6 years ago (the house I grew up in).

But I know that we have people who see other people's tragedies and see an opportunity to try and cash in via scams.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I can see a lot of people trying to get pay days off this.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

S-pen'd from my Note 7!
I don't think he meant that this was an intentional blame of Samsung for a fire that started else wise. However in the article it does say that it was not conclusively determined to be the phone that caused it;

"It’s still not confirmed whether the new smartphone was truly at the epicenter of this vehicular catastrophe, but it’s definitely giving more than a few Note 7 owners some pause."

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I would hope it isn't, and if that is the case for any of the victims that is a tough thing having my parents having their house burned down 5-6 years ago (the house I grew up in).

But I know that we have people who see other people's tragedies and see an opportunity to try and cash in via scams.

My home too, December 12, 2015. Burned to the ground, lost virtually everything. We managed to recover some non-flammable items (jewelry, kitchen utensils, bake pans and such, hard drive from our home computer, etc.) but minimal in the grand scheme.

406a5441f91d86fc0139e733105e79ad.jpg

Exterior and interior walls are still standing because the entire structure to the roof line was cement block, however the full pitched roof was wood, and the attic floor was the original flat roof covered in tar pitch. Once that pitch caught fire it was essentially an oil fire. It burned for almost 5 hours.

Last edited:

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)

S-pen'd from my Note 7!
You really think in today's world someone wouldn't?......I wanna live where ever it is you do since apparently everyone is honest as can be lol. I'm not saying for sure every case is a fraud but to say there aren't people trying to exploit this trying to cash in on millions is bonkers.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
You really think in today's world someone wouldn't?......I wanna live where ever it is you do since apparently everyone is honest as can be lol. I'm not saying for sure every case is a fraud but to say there aren't people trying to exploit this trying to cash in on millions is bonkers.
Unfortunately there are opportunists in every society and the lure of larger compensation is too hard for some to resist, even the most honest in other regards. The entitlement mentality feeds into this as well. During a bad economy the best people will sometimes revert to doing things they would otherwise never consider. Sometimes it's simply to survive. Also sometimes people just get caught up in the moment. Looting is a prime example.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Went into a Verizon store today and they tried to tell me that a Samsung Rep told them the explosion problems were caused by 3rd party chargers. This wasn't an isolated response. Apparently in the Michigan area, they're repeating this same BS. When I told them that there was an official Samsung response that contradicted that, they evaded like mad.

Wow.

Talk about being shady.

Really hope that I can get a replacement somewhere in this state. My Note 7 is fine so far, but I don't like the battery roulette we're playing here.
What part of MI? I'm in West and have to always tell myself that 99% of the people here are in their job solely for a paycheck. They don't care about the job or knowledge of that job. So when the first reports came out about it being a 3rd party charger that's all the further research they did.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk