Note 7 Explosion Causes House Fire In The USA

Gremlin

Reaction score
I took my note 7 on vacation and it is back as itself... Of course mine was already charged..

Sorry to say this but this is getting pushed way off hand.. Iphone had issues with exploding and they were not banned..Correct me if I am wrong..

Beardface

Reaction score
I took my note 7 on vacation and it is back as itself... Of course mine was already charged..

Sorry to say this but this is getting pushed way off hand.. Iphone had issues with exploding and they were not banned..Correct me if I am wrong..
The problem with the iPhone issues was that it wasn't the phone that was defective but the non-proprietary 3rd party chargers that were causing the Apple batteries to overheat. Apple couldn't really do anything about that, as it wasn't anything they could have or really should have tested themselves before release, so the only thing they could do was tell people not to use those chargers, which they did. Samsung's issue is that the Samsung batteries will overheat and ignite using the charging plug and cable provided within the Note 7 box upon purchase. By using the Note 7 as designed using the Samsung provided equipment, the phones are blowing up. That's not a good thing.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wait wait wait, so what you are saying is, if my house is underwater, the mortgage is hella high, and I need to find a way to get in front of this problem, I should "invest" in a cool new Note 7, and plug it in near my curtains, and scrap paper.

No need to turn on the gas stove, flame off, and light a candle;
The next best thing is here.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
http://goo.gl/k9TxK1

I am beginning to wonder how many of these stories are legit and how many are looking for a payday.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah because I find something fishy about the house burning down. In this generation most won't even go to the john without their phones that alone leave the house. The fact the phone was on charge "at the house" while he left. I mean OK.

If Samsung is smart they are better off taking the phones off the street until they get them all replaced because there is blood in the water.

If I was Apple I would put out a commerical about how their phones don't burn down houses as pay back for Samsung during bend gate and other iPhone issues that made headlines.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yeah because I find something fishy about the house burning down. In this generation most won't even go to the john without their phones that alone leave the house. The fact the phone was on charge "at the house" while he left. I mean OK.

If Samsung is smart they are better off taking the phones off the street until they get them all replaced because there is blood in the water.

If I was Apple I would put out a commerical about how their phones don't burn down houses as pay back for Samsung during bend gate and other iPhone issues that made headlines.

I found that strange as well. And why was there an air compressor plugged into the same outlet? My compressor is in my garage, not in my house.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I found that strange as well. And why was there an air compressor plugged into the same outlet? My compressor is in my garage, not in my house.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
you don't do sand blasting or power washing in your living room? Amateur.

TheCheeze

Reaction score
For what it's worth to the tin-foil hats, I frequently leave my phone at home on the charger while I go run errands. Not because I want or need to, but just because I am not melted at the ear to it. I have no games on it and I don't use social media (okay maybe I am the one with the foil hat...) and just don't see a compulsion for it to be with me 24/7.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
For what it's worth to the tin-foil hats, I frequently leave my phone at home on the charger while I go run errands. Not because I want or need to, but just because I am not melted at the ear to it. I have no games on it and I don't use social media (okay maybe I am the one with the foil hat...) and just don't see a compulsion for it to be with me 24/7.
I leave my phone at home too. I don't carry it 24/7.

Viktorr

Reaction score
Went into a Verizon store today and they tried to tell me that a Samsung Rep told them the explosion problems were caused by 3rd party chargers. This wasn't an isolated response. Apparently in the Michigan area, they're repeating this same BS. When I told them that there was an official Samsung response that contradicted that, they evaded like mad.

Wow.

Talk about being shady.

Really hope that I can get a replacement somewhere in this state. My Note 7 is fine so far, but I don't like the battery roulette we're playing here.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Went into a Verizon store today and they tried to tell me that a Samsung Rep told them the explosion problems were caused by 3rd party chargers. This wasn't an isolated response. Apparently in the Michigan area, they're repeating this same BS. When I told them that there was an official Samsung response that contradicted that, they evaded like mad.

Wow.

Talk about being shady.

Really hope that I can get a replacement somewhere in this state. My Note 7 is fine so far, but I don't like the battery roulette we're playing here.
Print out the Samsung letter and bring it with you to the Verizon store. They can't deny the written letter.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Or forward samsung announcement and Verizon response to attorney general, they love consumer protection cases.

shockracer

Reaction score
IPhone had battery issues too, it wasn't just from chargers.
'Exploding' iPhone leaves man with third-degree burns
The problem with the iPhone issues was that it wasn't the phone that was defective but the non-proprietary 3rd party chargers that were causing the Apple batteries to overheat. Apple couldn't really do anything about that, as it wasn't anything they could have or really should have tested themselves before release, so the only thing they could do was tell people not to use those chargers, which they did. Samsung's issue is that the Samsung batteries will overheat and ignite using the charging plug and cable provided within the Note 7 box upon purchase. By using the Note 7 as designed using the Samsung provided equipment, the phones are blowing up. That's not a good thing.