Note 7 Explosion Causes House Fire In The USA

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Until now all the reports of the Note 7 exploding have been abroad and the consensus was that we here in the US are safe. I have even seen many people share that they will not be sending their Note 7 back to Samsung since they feel the risk is so small. While the risk may technically be small even one out of 10,000 odds is pretty bad if you ask me.

Today it was reported that Fire officials in South Carolina are investigating a house fire that started in the garage where the home owner was charging their Galaxy Note 7. There were no injuries reported and everyone remained safe in the incident. If you have been considering holding on to your recalled Note 7 I would strongly suggest not doing so. I urge you to return it for an exchange or stop using it.

via WMBFnews

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hey, I have really no doubt that a LiPo phone battery could be the incendiary cause of a house fire. It only has to be within range of a combustible material in the home and be hot enough to ignite it. There is absolutely no doubt it can generate the necessary heat (flames), to ignite combustibles commonly found in the home. A simple candle can ignite curtains and that in turn can ignite the more dense combustibles resulting in a complete destruction of a home, as a friend's home did a number of years ago.

I think that there is a market for a charging station that is a miniature fire-prevention/containment where when you charge your phone you have no risk that it could result in a house fire.

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
Dang that sucks! I wonder what happens in a situation like this if the phone was found to have caused the fire. I guess Samsung just gets sued? Anyways it amazes me to see people not wanting to trade their phone in because it "seems fine" or "Should have blown up by now". Do people not understand that it's for their own safety? I mean it would be great if the battery was to give you a heads up like "hey I'm about to blow up" but it doesn't. Samsung is trying to do right by first admitting they have a problem, then giving us options to fix the issue and yet there are people who still want to chance it. I just know later on down the road you're gonna hear about people trying to sue Samsung because they didn't want to take advantage of the recall.

Gremlin

Reaction score
Even though mine is fine for now, I am waiting for October 1st that is when Costco is getting their new shipment in.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Even though mine is fine for now, I am waiting for October 1st that is when Costco is getting their new shipment in.
They should be replacing phones in use before selling the new ones to others. Stock should be reserved for replacements.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
They should be replacing phones in use before selling the new ones to others. Stock should be reserved for replacements.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
That is what my Local Verizon said that they are going to do. They took my name and number.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
I am perfectly willing to exchange my phone. I'm just pissed that no exchange has been officially made. That is a problem with Li Ion batteries - they have started fires in Jets, cars, and phones. Just automatically send me a replacement that seems not to have that problem and have me send mine back. Easy. Just don't tell me to be without my phone for some unspecified length of time. Best solution - stop making phones whose batteries can not be exchanged!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
My Question is how are they going to know if you have an Note 7 or not. Or are they going to ban all Samsung Phones?

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Beardface

Reaction score
My Question is how are they going to know if you have an Note 7 or not. Or are they going to ban all Samsung Phones?

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
This is the TSA we're talking about. Of course they'll go the lazy overreactionary route.

Beardface

Reaction score
I wonder if iPhone had this issue would they ban the iPhone?
If normal use of the device would cause it to explode into flames, yeah, I would think so. Same reason they've banned putting laptops and phones in your checked bags. Plane + fire = all kinds of serious badness

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Australian airlines ban note 7 on all flights, faa consider doing the same in the states!

http://engt.co/2cF5qzb

Get rid of your phones while you still can, their resale value is non existant.

3dsrules

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
bq
Twitter
@ntc_oficial
I`m lucky for no having a Note 7...