Note 7 causes Southwest Flt 944 to evacuate its passengers

Gremlin

Reaction score
Very hard time believing that. I flew Thursday and Sunday. Hears it announced at every gate. They even have it all over their site.

Well I am sorry if you don't believe that, even my coworker was surprised they did not say anything.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Personally I think this will come back just like China. Caused by surrounding. For example I was using my camera videotaping. Finished. Accidentally hit record again while putting it away in my leather pouch. 30 minutes went by felt heat coming from the pouch. I was the phone overheating. The phone had a warning message on it and cut off the flash. That was the hottest any phone I had ever got. It is not Samsung's fault if my phone caught on fire. It would be my fault. Although Samsung would get the blame. Since that day the phone has been working fine . I think it is people error and not the phone.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Personally I think this will come back just like China. Caused by surrounding. For example I was using my camera videotaping. Finished. Accidentally hit record again while putting it away in my leather pouch. 30 minutes went by felt heat coming from the pouch. I was the phone overheating. The phone had a warning message on it and cut off the flash. That was the hottest any phone I had ever got. It is not Samsung's fault if my phone caught on fire. It would be my fault. Although Samsung would get the blame. Since that day the phone has been working fine . I think it is people error and not the phone.

Technically if they don't have safeguards that would turn the phone off and prevent it from catching fire from overheating, then yes it would still be Samsung's fault. On one of my previous phones, i had it in direct sunlight, using google maps and it was charging while on a road-trip, and it basically had a message come up and said, the phone has hit a critical internal temperature and turned my phone off without my intervention.

In general though, many of the actual Note 7 claims that were validated were from when they were charging wasn't it? Isn't that why they limited the charge amount on the phones if you didn't bring them in? I don't find it to skeptical that he replaced it with an Apple device, if this case was legitimate i wouldn't really care much for android after that, even though it wasn't all android phones that did it.

I know i've heard quite a few stories from other forums and articles of people who actually got replacement phones and they were still listed with a bad IMEIs. If that is true, then there are problems with Samsung's replacement procedure.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Well the safety measures did start to kick in it first cut of the flash and was counting down to shut off. I just caught it myself and cut it off.

shockracer

Reaction score
I have a friend who I used to work with tell me it is ironic, he has to turn off his Samsung, but he can keep his SIG loaded during flight. Gotta love the irony.:)

Unless your friend is a Federal Marshle, firearms are NOT allowed in the passenger cabin.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score

What the hell are you taking about not samsung's fault? There should be nothing that the user can do to cause to spontaneously combust! Safety measures for safety measures. This is unbelievable!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
What the hell are you taking about not samsung's fault? There should be nothing that the user can do to cause to spontaneously combust! Safety measures for safety measures. This is unbelievable!
First of please watch the language. 2nd if I charge my phone in a hot car in Direct sunlight and the battery explodes is it my fault or Samsung's? If I charge my phone while it is on my bed under the cover and a fire starts, is it my fault or Samsung's? There has been fires in the past before the Note 7 where this happened with iPhone and Samsung and in all cases the owner was at fault not Samsung or Apple. By the way like i said above my phones safety measures did start to kick in.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
First of please watch the language. 2nd if I charge my phone in a hot car in Direct sunlight and the battery explodes is it my fault or Samsung's? If I charge my phone while it is on my bed under the cover and a fire starts, is it my fault or Samsung's? There has been fires in the past before the Note 7 where this happened with iPhone and Samsung and in all cases the owner was at fault not Samsung or Apple. By the way like i said above my phones safety measures did start to kick in.

What language was used?

There are or should be overheating protocols to shut down the phone if it gets too hot. So yea Samsung, crapple, moto is at fault. Why does it matter where I charge my phone?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
What language was used?

There are or should be overheating protocols to shut down the phone if it gets too hot. So yea Samsung, crapple, moto is at fault. Why does it matter where I charge my phone?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
It was removed.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I can see both sides; consumer error/fault and manufacturer fault. I still have to wonder if this fire was created and not due to fault of the phone.

This reminds me of those jokes where if you remove the caution labels on products, natural selection of only those with common sense will survive. Batteries will combust in the wrong environment at the fault of the owner. Is this situation the fault of the owner? Who really knows. Hopefully time will tell.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk