Note 5 may come with a USB 3.1 type C charging port

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Galaxy-Note-5-Edge-unveil-600x400.jpg

A report is surfacing that the Galaxy Note 5 may come with a USB 3.1 type C port which will offer faster 10 Gbps data transfer, 20 volts 5amps of charging power, and is reversible. The Note 5 may be the note device to look forward to.

Source: Galaxy Note 5 will reportedly feature a USB Type-C port - SamMobile

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I hope they upgrade Samsung Kies to take advantage of this. Current tethered backups take foreverrrrrr.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeay, now you get to replace all of those micro-usb cables!

yeah but with apple going usb c we can all share charging cords at work. No longer are people walking around asking if you have an apple or android.

Then again that could also be a bad thing if you have to worry about cord snatchers.

Last edited:

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
yeah but with apple going usb c we can all share charging cords at work. So longer are people walking around asking if you have an apple or android.

Then again that could also be a bad thing if you have to worry about cord snatchers.
This is too True!! You can't trust those Apple Owners. Better watch your cables! lol

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
yeah but with apple going usb c we can all share charging cords at work. So longer are people walking around asking if you have an apple or android.

Now if only people could stop asking me to borrow my cable. BRING YOUR OWN!!!!

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Now if only people could stop asking me to borrow my cable. BRING YOUR OWN!!!!

So true. It never fails, the same people come running through the office or shop frantically asking if someone has a cable because they are down to 5% battery life watching videos on fb.

blacksoxing

Reaction score
My Note 3 is USB 3.0...and I love it.

Kinda sad that more phones didn't go that route, but I understand

bigdad63

Reaction score
holding onto my Note 3 for dear life.the only thing it would take for me to Pony Up full price for the note 5 would be front facing speakers, refining indoor photo graininess, keeping the sd card and adding a bigger(4500+ mAh) removable battery. They're probably going to crAppleize the phone though, at which point, I'll wait for some intelligent manufacturer to make a true workhorse phablet.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I sure hope the charging port changes to type C! It's about time we get something universal for all manufacturers. I love (can't believe I'm using that term) the charging port on the iPhone because it doesn't matter what way you plug it in.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I sure hope the charging port changes to type C! It's about time we get something universal for all manufacturers. I love (can't believe I'm using that term) the charging port on the iPhone because it doesn't matter what way you plug it in.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well it has to be like that for Apple users, they couldn't figure it out if it had to be plugged in a certain way. :D

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The stock charging cable on my Note 4 has a couple of ridges on the "top" side. If I'm holding the phone with the screen facing me, the ridges go up and the plug goes right in. Boom!

Haha! Seriously though, glad to see OEMs adopting this newer tech and I hope this really comes true and others follow suit.