Note 4 WiFi not backwards compatible with old tech?

OP
Beardface

Beardface

Reaction score
"Oh s***! He's done playing around. Tada! Here's your wifi! Love you."

Sent from my Note 4
lol so much for the hopes of it doing well... its back to being crap again

Definitely an issue with the router... it was working after a hard reset... Bought a new ASUS RT-N66R, so hopefully everything will be worked out soon.

OP
Beardface

Beardface

Reaction score
Flipped it out about 2 hours ago and so far so good. Getting a much better wifi signal throughout the house, and all the phone's functionality is working as expected.

Side note, talked to the guys at Best Buy and they were able to bring up the purchase of the Belkin router from August, and said they'll reimburse me the cost of the Belkin when I get around to taking it back. Considering I am also likely to get a $200 credit for turning in my Razr Maxx HD this week, I could have a pretty penny to spend in there this fall. Unfortunately, considering our dishwasher just crapped out a few weeks ago causing us to have to wash everything by hand, I'm pretty sure I know where those funds will be going... :-(

Oh well... I guess with the Note 4 I really didn't need the Nexus 9 afterall.

OP
Beardface

Beardface

Reaction score
Day later and everything is still working just fine. At this point I'm contemplating re-titling this thread from "Note 4 WiFi not compatible with old tech" to "Note 4 WiFi not compatible with crappy Belkin routers"

Thanks for all the help, everyone. Without this thread, I probably would have still been trying to blame the device instead of the router itself, and certainly wouldn't have pulled the trigger on getting a new one.