Note 3 reception issues

Kevin hollingsworth

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 3
I live in a county where Verizon is the only real option regarding coverage but even Verizon can be spotty. I took my new Note 3 hunting this weekend and that area has always had a weak signal but on my last phone, a Razr Maxx, I could usually get 2 or 3 bars of 3G. It was enough that I could use GPS with some online maps. The Note 3 can only pull in 1 bar of 1x and sometimes not that. There were times that I had no signal at all. The GPS works fine but I can't access any maps. The GPS knows where I am but I don't <g>. Where I know that signal is strong I'll get 4 or 5 bars of 4G but it doesn't seem to "pull" the signal as well as the Razr Maxx. Is this a problem with my phone in particular, the Note 3 in general or Samsung? I remember an article on line that the Note 3 has a new Radio power management system. Would this be affecting my reception? Is there any way to "boost" the "pulling" power of the Note 3. Thanks for any advice.
You guys maybe should check. I was told by Verizon after a lengthy battle, that the antenna in the Note 3 Has a factory defect and if you live in what they call an extended network coverage area this phone will not work well.

Trucker13

Reaction score
I've had two n3s and neither had good signal. At my house signal has always been 1 to two bars on my old Droid X or my wife's iPhone, but they always kept their calls. My S3 was terrible, got rid of it and got a s4 which was much better. Then, I got the Note 3. The note 3 was a down grade from the s4! It dropped calls, and at work would switch to 3G all the time. It sucks too because the Note 3 is the absolute best phone I've ever had as far as what it can do. I ended up getting a S5 and it has been perfect. I really miss the stylus, but the reception is soooooo much better. Now, I'm just hoping they corrected it on the Note 4! I really miss having a Note, and the 4 seems to be awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk