Note 3 battery sucks

southernxtoutlawz

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse but ever since the update battery dies quickly. I had 65% as of 10 o'clock last night I woke up at 8 this morning and it was on 12%. I had wifi running but I've never turned it off before and it never died that quickly.. I use to be able to go 2 days before I have to charge..

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

rustydog

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 9
You have a App that is killing your battery. Use an app such as GSam battery monitor to isolate. Taptu was killing mine just after KitKat was installed. I changed Taptu's default preload settings which fixed mine.

OP
southernxtoutlawz

southernxtoutlawz

Reaction score
I did download that earlier this morning. I'll see what that shows. I appreciate the input

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
Unfortunately for me GSAM didn't show me my rogue app. It would show up as a system or process (but I can't remember the exact name). I had to go through a process of elimination. I would delete one or two at a time and go a couple of days unti I found which one was eating up my battery. I deleted Yahoo messenger and a 2A friendly app on the same day so I'm not sure which one it was but after that my battery returned to normal.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Did you do a factory reset after the update ? Sometimes that's the way to go although most hate to reset

M8 tap'd

NOVICE

Reaction score
Did you do a factory reset after the update ? Sometimes that's the way to go although most hate to reset

M8 tap'd

I agree. Do a factory reset if you haven't already. Completely fixed my battery problems after KitKat.

In fact I plan in the future to do a hard reset every 2 or 3 months just to maintain peak performance.

OP
southernxtoutlawz

southernxtoutlawz

Reaction score
gady6ata.jpg
I let it sleep for 14 hours and woke up to a dead battery.. this is what's eating it.. dont know what tho

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Android system and kernel will be high when on standby...what's up with the cloud ? Do you use it ? Also do you turn off location services when not using maps

M8 tap'd

OP
southernxtoutlawz

southernxtoutlawz

Reaction score
Cloud will not upload my contacts. It did at one point. But not now. It says cloud up to date but nothing is saved. My battery is at 100% now so I'm going to unplug it and check it tomorrow and see the battery percentage..

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Good luck...And I would make sure your contacts are associated to your Google account...No need for cloud service for contacts...then you can disable that crap..LOL

OP
southernxtoutlawz

southernxtoutlawz

Reaction score
Google + was eating it up. What is that and do I need it

P

promo87

I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse but ever since the update battery dies quickly. I had 65% as of 10 o'clock last night I woke up at 8 this morning and it was on 12%. I had wifi running but I've never turned it off before and it never died that quickly.. I use to be able to go 2 days before I have to charge..

Well, tell me on e more thing which version of Android you are you currently on ?? I think you might be over the KitKat version because people started getting the battery issues once they update their device to the KitKat. Well, try installing some battery saver apps like du battery saver or..... to check where the problem is I think what you need to do now is monitoring where the problem is ??? once you get where the problem is you can get the problem sorted out ....