Note 3 android os draining battery...

Discussion in 'Android Support' started by turbotank, May 13, 2014.

1. turbotank

turbotank New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok i've been searching all over for a solution and having found anything that has helped... My note three is about 4 months old and the android OS has started consistently being the top battery user... with moderate use I used to be able to go almost two days without a charge but now starting out full charge this morning i'm at 7%.... I had a problem about a month ago where the file indexing was eating my battery which most ppl attributed to the SD card. So I emptied the SD card and formatted it and had a slight but noticeable improvement. then about two weeks ago it came back so I jsut pulled the SD card all together and have been running without the SD and my battery life is getting worse and worse each day... I have three batteries for this think and I need atleast two to get through the day... Im not rooted, and im on the stock home... I have tried turning off wifi and bluetooth and that hasn't made a difference. Im on android 4.3 kernel 3.4.0....I'm seriously at a loss as to whats eating this battery...

2. bkdodger

bkdodger Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +4,297
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    It's possible another app is causing the battery drain.. What carrier are you on? KitKat updates hitting today with Verizon..

N3 tap

3. turbotank

turbotank New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just updated so we will see if that fixed the issue..

4. turbotank

turbotank New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    NO change... battery dead by 2pm... android OS top user with screen in second place.... This is very frustrating... Im now on kit kat v 4.4.2.... Still no SD card, 15.5gigs of available space and haven't downloaded any new apps in forever...

5. bkdodger

bkdodger Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +4,297
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    I think a factory reset is in store for you.. Or possible the battery itself is malfunction... Another thing might be good to do a factory reset.. Backup anything you need to computer.. Boot up and just sign in to Google don't add apps till you test..

Swapping battery first might be the way to go just to eliminate..

N3 tap

6. turbotank

turbotank New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I was afraid of that... ive got three batteries(one stock and two aftermarket) for it and it doesn't seem to matter which one I use they all burn down quick

7. bkdodger

bkdodger Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +4,297
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    Yeah so battery is out of the Equation... Yeah backup your stuff.. And factory reset and hopefully it will improve.. Two apps I use are GSAM battery monitor and CpuSpy.. CpuSpy you can see if phone is deepsleeping when not in use... The other app shows apps usage..

N3 tap

8. THESHADOW1937

THESHADOW1937 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As to your SD card. Last night I saw article about the 5 things you should do to your new S5. One of the things mentioned was that KitKat treats the SD card differently than previous versions of android operating system. Perhaps that may help even if your phone is not a Samsung Galaxy S5.

THESHADOW

9. eebvending

eebvending Active Member

Ratings:
    +53
    Current Phone Model:
    LG V10
    Where's that article? I have VZW Note 3 and I'm extremely irritated with Google right now for the SD card changes. Yesterday I got a notification that "the update" was d/l and ready to install. Surprise, it d/l without your permission. Even though you tell it to remind you again at say 3AM, the notification comes back anyway in an hour or two. As of right now I really don't want Kit Kat on my phone. Today my Note 3 has SD card removed, battery removed and is now an expensive paper weight. I'm curious what the article has to say about SD card with the S5 since it likely is no different for the Note 3.

Search tags for this page
android os using battery 3.4

android system draining battery note 3

media draining battery note 3 kitkat
media killing battery android note 3
note 3 android system is eating up my battery
note 3 battery drain
note 3 battery drain android os
sd card draining s5 battery
verizon note 3 kitkat media battery drain
verizon note 3 update draining battery