Note 2 or S3 or MaxxHD or ?

cschanck

Reaction score
Yeah, but they shipped a *lot* of those things, and are by and large pretty reliable.

But I wanted quad core/2GB. So, no argument.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

blowabs

Reaction score
yeah, but they shipped a *lot* of those things, and are by and large pretty reliable.

But i wanted quad core/2gb. So, no argument.

Sent from my sch-i605 using tapatalk 2

true true ...same here..& 5.5"!!!!:happy3::happy3:

Peteypab2133

Reaction score
I have all 3. Get the note 2. Battery life is great. S3/n2 Camera kills the maxx camera. Although the s3 is an easier phone to handle. I am basically anti moto these days.

Peteypab2133

Reaction score
wow all 3...[u have the MaxxHD too]
ty guy!!!

I work for vzw they have contests all the time. I win a nice phone every 3 months or so. Only buy the phones I really want!!

harp666

Reaction score
Max.HD......easier to hold, great battery life and reception .. ..and no touch wiz.

blowabs

Reaction score
[SUP][/SUP]
But I hear that camera on the GN2 is better than the Maxx HD??

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I switched from an HD to the S3 and the S3's camera rocks. Way better than the HD's camera. If you take a lot of pictures with your phone I would stick with a Samsung device.

Sent from the Galaxy S III

greglb

Reaction score
I have all 3. Get the note 2. Battery life is great. S3/n2 Camera kills the maxx camera. Although the s3 is an easier phone to handle. I am basically anti moto these days.

Since you have all three, how would your rate the reception on them? I picked up an S3, but seem to be getting a lot of complaints with garbled calls. It was so bad that when I was talking with tech support they had me switch to a landline so they could understand me. It also seemed like the S3I had took very dark pictures. I swapped it out with another S3 and the camera is better, but the signal strength seems comparable. I'm not sure if I'm going to have enough time left in my trial period to do a thorough test of the call quality.

The black crush issue is also bothering me.

Does your note 2 or hd maxx have the black crush issue? Do you think I'd have better luck with the note 2 reception?

Thanks,
Greg

Peteypab2133

Reaction score
Since you have all three, how would your rate the reception on them? I picked up an S3, but seem to be getting a lot of complaints with garbled calls. It was so bad that when I was talking with tech support they had me switch to a landline so they could understand me. It also seemed like the S3I had took very dark pictures. I swapped it out with another S3 and the camera is better, but the signal strength seems comparable. I'm not sure if I'm going to have enough time left in my trial period to do a thorough test of the call quality.

The black crush issue is also bothering me.

Does your note 2 or hd maxx have the black crush issue? Do you think I'd have better luck with the note 2 reception?

Thanks,
Greg

Unfortunately the Motorola has better reception than any Samsung I have owned yet. I actually still prefer the better camera over the reception. The battery life between the note 2 and the Maxx are the same to me. But again Motorola had the market nailed for reception similar to black berry. Not sure what black crush IA honestly. The only issue I ever come across one or two times a day on particular apps is it timing out and force closing turning the screen black for an extended period of time. But my bionic did this two on tapatalk every time I attempted to views pictures in a thread.

Dkyacht

Reaction score
Do you guys really think its the phones reception vs the service provider? For instance with all my phones in my house if I switch to 3g my signal strength goes to full bars, on 4g I'm on 0−1 bar most of the time. To me that's the service providers issue not 6he phones. This has been the issue with iphones, htc sensation, and all my various galaxy's including my current phone the note 2.

Dave

cschanck

Reaction score
No, the Motos are just fabulous wrt reception. My Note 2 is a hair less awesome, but has been very good for me so far.

I always thought Moto got screwed by Verizon with the 4g rollout; there where so many problems with the tower software (remember the Sim card authentication bug?) that Moto got sheared as a side effect.

There are really iffy places where my bionic would barely hold a call that the Note can't handle, but they are very rare.

Most annoying thing is that there is no way to turn off 4g and force 3g, unless you are rooted. If you are in an area with fringy 4g, that will chew your battery.