Not your usual battery complaint...

Reaction score
My phone, out of nowhere, goes from fully charged to utter death. Anybody have this issue? after having my phone in my pocket for some time, I go to use it and it doesn't respond at all. Only when I plug it in to the outlet it bolts back up. After I unplug it right away, it shows my battery at 99%. Thoughts anyone?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Arodnum1

Reaction score
Try holding the power button and volume down simultaneously for 20 seconds, that will, for all intents and purposes, simulate a battery pull, if that doesn't work you could try a factory reset, although I'm not entirely too sure that it will affect the battery at all

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
Fanatic4hockey
Reaction score
Still having issues. I uninstalled a battery widget and so far so good, for now.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
i use the "simo"(developer) widget "battery monitor" without issue.
not sure why any one would cause your problem though, they just report what the phone already knows.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
My phone, out of nowhere, goes from fully charged to utter death. Anybody have this issue? after having my phone in my pocket for some time, I go to use it and it doesn't respond at all. Only when I plug it in to the outlet it bolts back up. After I unplug it right away, it shows my battery at 99%. Thoughts anyone?

First question...where are you seeing a 99% battery level. Unless you root the phone and install a deodexed rom, you don't have access to battery percentage levels other than in 10% increments, as far as I know.

Second, do you have your screen set to power itself down in a short period or is it set to constant on?

Third, do you have the Pocket Sensor turned on or not? If you have the pocket sensor turned on, you will get the benefit of the screen shutting off while it's in your pocket preventing it from draining itself, however I have heard of some having problems with the pocket sensor causing issues.

Fourth, are you running a launcher or do you have several social networking apps running, or perhaps a location awareness app such as Latitude?

I will nearly always suspect either a setting such as screen timeout or GPS, or 4G/WIFI/Bluetooth or an app such as a launcher or some type of internet intensive app like a social networking or something as the root cause behind either unresponsiveness (as in your case) or massive battery consumption.

Last edited: