1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Not your avg. ringtone problem

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by bakabreath, Nov 27, 2009.

1. bakabreath

bakabreath New Member

I've set custom ringtones for contacts that I frequently get calls from. When the first call from a contact comes through, the ringtone works perfectly fine. When the next call from the same contact comes through, I get the system's default ringtone. Does anyone else have this problem?
  2. jdm

jdm New Member

I have the same problem
  3. Friend-O

Friend-O New Member

I continue to have this exact problem and it's driving me crazy. Does anyone have an explanation or solution for this problem? Anyone? Please?
  4. Friend-O

Friend-O New Member

*BUMP*

Anyone??????
  5. mark729

mark729 New Member

here one more person that have same problem. drives me crazeeeee~~
  6. dezymond

dezymond RS Lead Premium Member

no idea, i have not tried this. my mom has had this problem at least 3 times on her enV3, but I think that's user error.

bump
  7. ebarcus

ebarcus New Member

any other apps controlling your ringtones? like local? i deleted that after i set up to many options, check to see that first, and i havent had the issue but i will try to replicate it for you today later
  8. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Do you have your ringtones in a folder called ringtones?
  9. mark729

mark729 New Member

All reingtones have to be in the rigntones folder?

10. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Not sure if they "have" to be.....might help narrow down the issue....

11. Friend-O

Friend-O New Member

Speaking for myself, yes, all my ringtones are in a ringtones folder. As far as Locale, yes, I am currently using it, but I've had this problem since day one...long before I started using Locale.
  12. bakabreath

bakabreath New Member

I've read a whole bunch of threads about this same problem ever since I started this one. No one seems to have a solution. I recently tried something drastic and put all of my ringtones in a folder on my SD card like this:

media > audio > ringtones

It was a pain to reassign all the personal ringtones after moving them, but even though the first call that came through disappointingly had the same stock ringtone, every call after that had the personalized ones (so far).

Is anyone else willing to try it to see if that does the trick?
  13. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad

Hi, Bakabreath,
    On the first day I had my phone I created a directory called "media" on the SD card. Then in the media directory I created a subdirectory called "audio". Then in the audio directory created subdirectories called "notifications", "ringtones", and "alarms". Then I just dropped my files into the appropriate folder, and assigned ringtones to contacts.

For notifications: media/audio/notifications
    For ringtones: media/audio/ringtones
    For alarms: media/audio/alarms

That's worked for me and after a couple of months I've had no issues at all. Each assigned ringtone works each time. Maybe it has to do with where the ringtones are on the Droid???
  14. Semidone2

Semidone2 New Member

Same here...still with issue. Even those ringtones that came from a ringtone 'app' don't work.
  15. beeray

beeray Member

My droid was rooted and I lost the stock ringtone "droid invasion" Is there a place to redownload it?

Thanks
    Rochelle
  16. rhinoj

rhinoj New Member

I had the same issue. The assigned ringtones would work properly for a little after re-booting the phone, but would not work properly a shorttime after. This went on for a long time and I finally went to a Verizon store where the tech told me that he was aware of this problem. He flashed my phone and after a couple of months, it still rings properly.

By the way, I have my ringtones grouped into the media/audio/ringtones file format like others.
  17. will.anaya

will.anaya New Member

my problem started yesterday when my preset ringtones for certain numbers were suddenly changed to my music files.

none of these files are in my ringtone folder but all of a sudden i am listening to the opening lines of gabriel iglesias for one ringtone and then blackeye peas for another.

however, this only occurred for a few of the contacts, all the others were normal, untouched.

strange, waiting for it to happen again.

i did download a battery app before it started to occur and i recently uninstalled it. will wait for the results.
  18. Taegost

Taegost New Member

Y'know, I started having these weird issues with my contacts and stuff, and at first I thought it was just because I upgraded to the new version of CyanogenMod... But after doing some research and seeing posts like this, I'm beginning to wonder if that was just coincidence...
    First I had an issue with my Facebook contacts sync'ing properly, which I had to remove all the Facebook data completely and re-install it...
    During that time I also noticed that my notifications got all switched around, suddenly I had entire Metallica songs being played for EACH notification... And now, some times my custom ring tones work fine when I get calls, other times they don't...
    I'm wondering if I should do a wipe and restore at this point...
    My issues started around the same time that everyone else seems to have experienced them as well...
  19. will.anaya

will.anaya New Member

since my last post, i have yet encountered those problems. not sure if it was the last app i installed and then uninstalled but my ringtones are fine.

i too was wondering if i should wipe everything and start anew, but then, a little fat guy showed up on my shoulder and suggested instead of that, i should watch tv. so i turned on the television instead.

maybe a glitch or something.
Search tags for this page

android ringtone problem

android ringtone problems