Not Waking

Darkseider

Reaction score
I searched the forums and couldn't find anything relevant so here goes.

Have had the Droid now for about 6 weeks, rooted day one and everything has been peachy. Two days ago the phone just doesn't wake up. No notification light blinking nothing. Just DEAD. Pull the battery wait about 30 seconds, reseat ad power it up. Today the same thing happened twice in about a 1 hour timespan. NOTHING has changed on the device. Same software, no force closes, same ROM, kernel, settings, etc...

I have read on other forums where folks have been having this same problem even with stock Droids. Now it seems to be happening to me as well. They also mentioned that their replacement phones, for those that replaced them, have had the same issue. Any ideas?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Have had the Droid now for about 6 weeks, rooted day one and everything has been peachy. Two days ago the phone just doesn't wake up. No notification light blinking nothing. Just DEAD. Pull the battery wait about 30 seconds, reseat ad power it up. Today the same thing happened twice in about a 1 hour timespan. NOTHING has changed on the device. Same software, no force closes, same ROM, kernel, settings, etc...

I have read on other forums where folks have been having this same problem even with stock Droids. Now it seems to be happening to me as well. They also mentioned that their replacement phones, for those that replaced them, have had the same issue. Any ideas?

I suggest you power it up, do a factory reset. If that doesn't fix it then you may want to consider removing the root and getting an exchange.

Are you using any task killers? If so, remove them.

OP
Darkseider

Darkseider

Reaction score

I suggest you power it up, do a factory reset. If that doesn't fix it then you may want to consider removing the root and getting an exchange.

Are you using any task killers? If so, remove them.

Task Killers? Me? That would be a big no. Factory reset. Ugh. Just the thought makes me ill but if this continues I will and see what happens. Just hate to have to re-install all the apps, re-enter all the settings, yadda yadda yadda.