Not understanding "fastboot"

x25064

Reaction score
Somehow I bricked my phone by just wiping it and trying to reboot through clockwork.

I am trying to unbrick it by getting it bakc to stock and locked, but I am not understanding the directions in these threads.

What do I do with these fastboot commands, where do I type them, what application do I run? There descriptive to get you unlocked but pretty vague when trying to lock again. I need some exact directions if nyone can help, til then I am phoneless.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Somehow I bricked my phone by just wiping it and trying to reboot through clockwork.

I am trying to unbrick it by getting it bakc to stock and locked, but I am not understanding the directions in these threads.

What do I do with these fastboot commands, where do I type them, what application do I run? There descriptive to get you unlocked but pretty vague when trying to lock again. I need some exact directions if nyone can help, til then I am phoneless.

The fasboot commands are done in a command prompt window on your PC. What method did you use to root and flash CWM in the first place???

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
I rooted using the instructions stickied here, then tried flashing CWM through rom manager.

I combined the instructions from the how to root (pointing cmd to the folder called "root") with the instructions from how to unroot (up to step 8) and it seemed to work. I think the problem here was that I was unaware that CWM from rom manager is only temporary. I think thats what caused my bootloop but I'm not sure. It was odd really, all I did was wipe and system format and accidentally hit reboot and the phone just stayed on the google screen. Doesn't make sense really, its not like the stock rom was changed.

bryantjopplin

Reaction score
Did u fix it I am working on ipood nexus remotely now got his up and running from being bricked

Sent From My Sexy Nexy

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
Yeah I did, it just took some messing around. I don't understand why I bootlooped in the first place.. makes me weary to use CWM. Unbricking this phone is a pain in the ass.

bryantjopplin

Reaction score
Not really. Did u delete or rename recovery-from-boot.p? That might be the problem. I think this is the easiest and fastest device to return to life from soft bricking. Lol

Sent From My Sexy Nexy