Not that happy with my S3

skennelly

Reaction score
Right on. I looked everywhere on this phone for that stupid little microphone so i can put it down in the bottom bar. Didn't consider the play store. good looking out.

Update- Alas, i went to the play store, and the app is already installed. But all i can find on my phone is the widget. Curious and disappointing.

Interesting. On my Gtab there is an app in the app drawer, but not on my phone. Wonder why this is.

*Sent from my Galaxy to yours through tapatalk

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Interesting. On my Gtab there is an app in the app drawer, but not on my phone. Wonder why this is.

*Sent from my Galaxy to yours through tapatalk

My guess would be that they are trying to drive everyone to use their S-voice, by making it inconvenient to use Google voice. Not that a widget is all that inconvenient, but an app would be more helpful because you can place it more locations, like the lock screen. That was one of my most used lock screen shortcuts on my Rezound.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Is there a way to make Google Voice the default microphone? Whenever I use my bluetooth and say, "Call so and so", S voice does the operation. Half the time it does't work. Also, I can't keep it voice enabled, it keeps reverting to text which is annoying as I don't know who the damn thing called until someone answers. When its voice enabled, it will repeat back what you say, Such as "calling home."

Google Voice is a completely different app than the Voice Search app put out by Google. Have you tried disabling S Voice? It's possible that if you disable S Voice completely that Voice Search will become the default when using Bluetooth. It doesn't become the default search when double-tapping the home button, but it might when using Bluetooth.

Right on. I looked everywhere on this phone for that stupid little microphone so i can put it down in the bottom bar. Didn't consider the play store. good looking out.

Update- Alas, i went to the play store, and the app is already installed. But all i can find on my phone is the widget. Curious and disappointing.

It takes one step more than it should, but you can use the Google Search app (it's just called Search in the app drawer). Open that up, and at the top right you'll see a microphone. Tap the microphone to use the Voice Search put out by Google.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
It takes one step more than it should, but you can use the Google Search app (it's just called Search in the app drawer). Open that up, and at the top right you'll see a microphone. Tap the microphone to use the Voice Search put out by Google.

Thanks for the suggestion, and i had that option before i found the widget, but i prefer the one step method, even if it means having the widget present on my "desktop"?, rather than the app bar at the bottom. Still it might be the right path for someone else.

kevin8462

Reaction score
I am experiencing the same problems with my s3. I have been through all the steps, nothing left to do but accept the refurb they are sending out next week. Kinda sucks that they wont replace with new since the phone has been nothing but dropped calls for me. Switched from a razr and i never experienced dropped calls with it.

I have had the phone for a few weeks. I came from a blackberry. I am using Verizon

Phone drops calls A LOT. I don't think my blackberry ever dropped a call and this phone has probably droped 40% of my calls

S voice is terrible. It can never understand me while the google voice understands me all the time.

Email keeps freezing up.

I have spent over 4 hours with level 3 tech support. They told me I had to do a factory reset...a huge pain, but I still have a lot of the problems.

Does anybody else expierience these problems?

kparks

Reaction score
mkstn said:
Blackberry phone are in a total different class so it would be hard to compare. Either you like the BB or you like the Android style. My only issue has been the S-voice which just does not work very well so I don't use it. Other than that the phone has performed excellent an the batter life is more than adequite most of the time. Just put an Otter Box on the phone. I like the protection but do not like the feel. The plastic is too slick for my tastes. I may try a clear plastic spray on the case to give it more grip.

Otter box is so Fn overrated!

rkclassic06

Reaction score
Otterbox Commuter

I bought the Otterbox Commuter - I didnt like the slick-ness of the back plastic....so I bought a raised rubber Harley Davidson sticker....works perfect...even had some friends tell me I should buy a couple more - install the sticker ($5 each) and sell them on ebay for $75. :biggrin: