Not that crazy with 4.04

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by sline-dawg, Jul 1, 2012.

1. R3CKL355

R3CKL355 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hmm that sounds like not only is it not impossible, but it is entirely possible..

2. leftspin

leftspin Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    To go back from the OTA? A method could probably be found if someone spent time trying to find it but I don't see that happening since most devs wouldn't want to spend their time doing something that very few people would want/need/use when they could spend the time working on forward moving stuff like ICS enhancements and Jelly Bean that a lot of people would use.

3. R3CKL355

R3CKL355 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dude.. just give it up. You were proven wrong. Where there is a will, there is a way. Clearly you have underestimated the android community.

4. rpdonald

rpdonald Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there a way? I don't see in this thread where someone, anyone, said tjatbyou can go backwards.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

5. Jungle King 76

Ratings:
    +14
    It is not possible. Impossible. You cannot do it. Any other way to say it? The first two leaks were able to go back because they did not change the partitions. Everything since .84 has been impossible to go backwards. It is not about underestimating the Android community or the devs needing time. They have all direct countless hours trying to figure it out and they have all stated it is not possible unless we have unlocked bootloaders.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

6. sline-dawg

sline-dawg Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Chill pills for everyone......:biggrin: Seems I'm kinda sorta getting used to it..... I'll try a few ROMs and see.

7. Exalted911

Exalted911 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    What your saying cant be done, only ics builds that you were able to go back to gingerbread on were the 74 build and 79 builds, from the 80 build forward they changed the loader so it is impossible to go back to gingerbread. only thing you could do is go forward. I hope you dont try to go back because your gonna end up bricking your phone. you can unbrick it but if you dont know what your doing your going to have a very hard time.

8. MattyP

MattyP Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +210
    The bootloaders are different. There's no going back. I asked the same question before the OTA even went out, because I used Matt's Utility to upgrade to ICS. But I have come to like it ... probably since I'm stuck with it LOL :p

9. BagMan

BagMan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed. I can't think of an upgrade that has been such a disappointment since starting off with 1.5(or .6).

Search tags for this page

downgrade from ics to gingerbread razr maxx