Not sure whats going on...

ftblryan

Reaction score
I rooted using z4 and everything seems to be fine, all of the root apps work and its asking me for superuser permissions for those apps. However rom manager to flash a rom (I'm still stock), I download the rom and chose to create a backup and wipe the data and hit ok. The phone then restarts and nothing has changed, my data is still there and there is nothing faster etc. about the phone. I also downloaded jrummy's overclocking app and it wont let me go above 1 ghz neither will setcpu. The max it says I can go is 1 ghz. I'm confused if I actually am rooted or if this is some weird hypbrid root haha. I have no idea but any help would be appreciated.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To flash roms you'll need to pick up the droid x bootstrapper from the marketplace in order to gain access to custom recovery. And when using the overclock app are you using cpu scaling frequency or set scalling frequency. You need to use set scaling frequencies to actually overclock.

tappin and a talkin

chefb

Reaction score
Yeah....AND MAKE SURE YOU MAKE A BACK UP IN RECOVERY.! rom manager does not do it. All it does is reboots.

JRobzilla

Reaction score
Also, with regards to the overclock app, if you flashed a new rom and the app restored via google or titback you may want to go under settings -> applications -> manage applications and find that app and do a clear data on it.

That's assuming that even going to Set Scaling Frequencies brings up a partial menu that doesn't actually allow you to do anything. (I can only speak for JRummy's app on this).

MrKleen

Reaction score
Rom manager is of little to no use for the X.

Like they said you need bootstrapper.