Not sure what so special

n0m0n

Reaction score
Hello,
I downloaded Bettercut and have been trying to figure out what everyone is talking about.

I read that its the bomb and great but I cant seem to figure out how to use or why it is.

Can anyone please share the excitement with me???

I don't want to ask for a refund if I am missing something here.

Thanks

cpinto

Reaction score
Hello,
I downloaded Bettercut and have been trying to figure out what everyone is talking about.

I read that its the bomb and great but I cant seem to figure out how to use or why it is.

Can anyone please share the excitement with me???

I don't want to ask for a refund if I am missing something here.

Thanks

Remember to also download an icon pack of your choosing. I like the Windows 7 icons and the utility pack.

Open the APP drawer to launch better cut.

Click EDIT SHORTCUT or CREATE SHORTCUT

CLick the shortcut you want to change

Rename it or change the icon.

I have to agree it works very well.

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
I just don't get it, and I WANT to...
I open the app both on a clear spot on the home page or thorugh the app draw.

I want to change a icon, or change one for a app on my device.
I tried New and edit, in new I chose activity and its blank, with no menu option.
I looked at "Make your Own", but I don't understand the action or data input needed.

This doesn't seem to have any maunual, and I did visit the website but must have missed it.

Also I was able to create a direct call icon (the only thing I was able to create).
How do you delete it from the Edit Shortcuts list?
There to there doesn't seem to be a delete option or any menu option.

Thanks

Last edited:

loop4zil

Reaction score
when you choose activity are you giving it time to load? You should see a loading indicator in the upper right corner of the screen when you select it.

Once it loads...you should see a bunch of options. You have to scroll down to select the specific activity/app that you want to re-icon

cb3FSU

Reaction score
I think its pretty cool but for some reason most of the icons have the bottom right corner chopped off at a 90 degree angle. I would like it much more if they showed the full icon

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
when you choose activity are you giving it time to load? You should see a loading indicator in the upper right corner of the screen when you select it.

Once it loads...you should see a bunch of options. You have to scroll down to select the specific activity/app that you want to re-icon

Did not notice the VERY light spinning wheel up top.
The light gren and almost transparent white spinning wheel is not noticable other then you directed me there.

THANKS

I create a direct call icon, but have not found how I delete it from the Edit Shortcuts list?
Is there a way to delete it from the list?

Thanks

ericcsong

Reaction score
I like bettercut's smaller icons:

CAP201002161306.jpg

cb3FSU

Reaction score
what would be even cooler is if the More Icons widget could group bettercut icons instead of just the standard icons,

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
PandaHome was the best for changing icons and the text under them, and unlike bettercut, it would KEEP the icons everywhere, even in the drawer...

Too bad rooting and good roms are so much more stable than crap pandahome...

I dont like bettercut cause it costs and only changes icons on the home screen

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
Hmm I have a rooted device with Unlimited Droid 7 so I'm not using a Home Launcher.

Thanks