1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

not sure I'm keeping it

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by mag246, Aug 30, 2010.

1. mag246

mag246 New Member

Hi all. My name is Mike. I live in Pennsville, New Jersey.
    I just got my Droid Incredible last week and I'm not sure I'm going to keep it. I switched from a blackberry storm (1) and I'm not happy that the droid is missing several features the storm had. Maybe it's just because I was used to the storm and I'm not used to the droid yet so, I'm going to wait a bit (I have 30 days to return right?) and see if my opinion changes.
  2. mcapozzi

mcapozzi New Member

If you would be so kind as to post what features you are missing, we might be able to assist you in filling the gaps.

-Mike
  3. mag246

mag246 New Member

Well, there was no memo app. I found the wizard memo app so that's ok. On the Blackberry I could set individual ringtones and individual text tones for each person, that way I knew who it was and if they were calling or texting. I just downloaded ringdroid and I'm messing with that now. As far as I can tell It will allow me to make my own text (notification) ringtones but, I can't make different ones for different people. Not sure what else right off the top of my head. I'm not saying I'm fully dissatisfied with the phone, just that I haven't made a definite decision yet.
  4. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

The 'features' you are missing is because Android does not come pre-loaded with most of the customization. It is up to the user to choose what they like best, and what best fits their needs.

This is the nature of Android :)

Give it some time, you'll forget all about BB.
  5. mag246

mag246 New Member

I also don't like having to hit a button to make the keyboard go away before I can send the text message.
  6. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

There should be a (send on enter) option...but on my Original D there is a visible (Send) button that is accessible, keyboard up or not
  7. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Hang in there Mike! It truly is an incredible device. Try Handcent for texting and K9 for email.

Mike