not sure if......

DROID_DOES_5150

Reaction score
hey guys im new here this is my first post. i just got my droid yesterday and i love it. its the droid 2, there only one downfall about this phone. the battery life...... it sucks. i was wondering if i were to get another battery and use them on after another will it dmage my droid at all? im pretty sure it wont i just wanted to make sure. and also, i was on the verizon website looking at another stock battery i saw that they were $40. thats pretty crappy as the batteries last less than a day. (my settings are set to be at full battery length). I went on ebay and found 2 batteries, a charger, and a screen protector for $9.98 free shipping. this is a great price how ever i am not sure if these batteries (bp6x) are the real deal. i wanted to ask you guys if you think these batteries will kill my droid? thanx to everyone dancedroid
p.s. if this post is in the wrong section feel free to move it thank you.

Last edited:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you have two batteries and just keep swapping them it shouldn't cause any harm to your phone. My phone seldom powers off. It is either on battery power or sitting in a cradle being powered off the house.

Making sure wifi and GPS is off when you don't need them to be on will help with your battery life. You also can change the brightness setting of the screen as well.

Welcome to the forum too!

Also remember, 45 minutes without a response is not a long time at all. Unless of course you are sitting there waiting for an answer:)

Smokie

Reaction score
having to charge your smart phone once daily is pretty normal with moderate use. iphone is the same way..

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Smart phones are unbelievably hard on batteries. Generic batteries are cheap, effective, and as long as the numbers match they're fine unless you get a bad one -- which does happen. Those suckers are stamped out by the thousands, so once in a while a bad one slips through.

$10 for two batteries, a charger (external?) and a screen protector is pretty good. Just make sure the protector isn't too thick. Verizon sold some for the Droid 1 that were way too thick and issued a recall on them.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Even with a Seidio 2800Mah Extended Battery I still have to charge my Droid 1 every night, just like I need a good night sleep to recharge, so does my Droid :)

OP
D

DROID_DOES_5150

Reaction score
ya i guess, maybe im just tripping out.. i dont use it that much though..... wifi and gps are always off, and the screen brightness is all the way down. it barely lasts a day. i heard that new batteries need to break in to get the best length out of it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's also a new battery. Sometimes they take some time to burn in.

Lithiom batteries do not need any conditioning. They are ready to go after first charge, even before the first charge.

As mentioned earlier battery life on smart phones is rough. I'd advise a spare battery and an inexpensive wall charger from ebay, around 5.00. Spare battery you can pick up at amazon for around 8.00, maybe cheaper.

It will be an investment in your sanity. ;)