Not sure if you all know this but...

gotfondue

Reaction score
I have read a few posts about ignoring incoming calls. Actually I read that guy who posted something about "9 things why I can't use this phone" or what ever it was. Well one thing I think a lot of people don't know about is the option to send a call directly to voice mail with out passing go. What this does is makes it so the caller thinks the phone is ringing and it does, it goes through the whole ring process but your phone will not ring at all. You will notice that the person called you but your phone will not actually ring.

I use this feature every day with annoying girls / ex g/f's that like to bother me. It is easier to use this then block someones number through the Verizon account manager.

Yes the person can just block there number and get around it but hey not everything is perfect.

Zodduska

Reaction score
This would be a lot more useful if you explained how to do it..

OP
G

gotfondue

Reaction score
Ahhhh yes I am sorry I totally forgot haha.

Alright the way to do this is go go into your contacts, find the contact you wish to ignore forever (or as long as you want, I choose to forget about that person once its on haha). Once you find the contact you wish to ignore open them up with a one touch open (do not touch and hold) then hit the menu button go to options, there will be an option that says "Incoming calls" under it reads "Send calls directly to voicemail" mark it and you're done.

Reaction score
OH MAN... YOU JUST BECAME MY NEW BEST FRIEND!!!!

I've got a couple of folks I need to use this on.

superglen99

Reaction score
you know people need to poke around on this phone a lot. I can tell you 2 things that will solve most your problems, long press and menu. if are in a situation where you don't see the option you want try using long press or menu. I found this send directly to voice mail on day 1 by doing just that. Its also how I found out about forwarding mms/sms, deleting individual texts and many other options.

godanigo

Reaction score
you know people need to poke around on this phone a lot. I can tell you 2 things that will solve most your problems, long press and menu. if are in a situation where you don't see the option you want try using long press or menu. I found this send directly to voice mail on day 1 by doing just that. Its also how I found out about forwarding mms/sms, deleting individual texts and many other options.

Yes.

Silver Member
Reaction score
this doesn't answer the guy's gripe about sending calls to vm or sending them a text message when he's busy. there's two problems with your solution:

1. the caller MUST be a contact. in order to ignore calls by sending them directly to vm, the caller has to be in your contact list and you have to change that contact's settings to go directly to vm. useful for annoying ex-gfs and telemarketers, but not so useful when you're too busy to take a call and you want to just ignore it on the spot.

2. the other half of the problem is this person wants a button (on the screen or physical) to perform the said ignore. on most phones i've owned that have physical send and end buttons, you can just hit the end button and the call will go straight to vm. simple and effective and if you don't have time to take the call, you don't have to deal with it. my winmo phone even had the ability to send a text message that indicated you were too busy to take the call and would try to call back. a very useful feature.

so like the person that wrote the article/blog said, you can just hit the volume rocker and ignore the call but that only solves half his problem.

myriad46

Reaction score
Superglen99: do you want a cookie, or were you just bragging about how investigative you are? Gotfondue brought up a good point and shared it with the forum. I am trying to figure out what the point of your post was.

I understand the frustration when someone asks a question without trying the simple steps first, such as pressing menu or long pressing an item, but that was not the case in this situation.

Just a thought?

holee

Reaction score
I know what 640k speaks of, and I'm used to that as well. A button (and it can be an LCD button) which sends the call to voicemail is a pretty simple feature. My old Windows Mobile phone even gave you the option to send an SMS as well. Unfortunately, it looks like we'll have to wait for a third party to develop an app for this.

bass_lover1

Reaction score
The Volume rocker just stops the ringing/vibrating, but doesn't actually ignore the call.

I think if you hit the power/sleep/wake button when a call is coming in it will go directly to VM. Again, I think it works like this, I can't recall (I don't get many phone calls I don't want to answer).

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Volume rocker just stops the ringing/vibrating, but doesn't actually ignore the call.

I think if you hit the power/sleep/wake button when a call is coming in it will go directly to VM. Again, I think it works like this, I can't recall (I don't get many phone calls I don't want to answer).
that doesn't work. i just tried it. what DOES work is you get the: unlock to answer slider or mute to ignore (green arrow goes one way, red arrow goes the other). i didn't even realize that is how calls come in. so whatever that article was going on about, was completely wrong, imo.

the rocker alone is enough to answer and ignore calls. what more do you need?