Not sure if this is a tech issue or bug, but...

bhall238

Reaction score
I just recently got my Motorola Droid and am experimenting a lot. I don't like a cluttered screen so I have at most 4 icons at the bottom of each of the three screens. I created folders - one with my most used applications, one for music, just to name 2. The folder with the most used applications (I named it Favorites) twice now has ceased to open when I tap it. I can select the folder and move it around, but otherwise it does nothing. The music folder has never crashed (it only has two items - my saved music and Pandora) and the Favorites has had 12 once and 14 the second time if that makes any difference. The apps are still on my phone so I have recreated Favorites for the third time, but was wondering if anyone else had an issue like this?

darreno1

Reaction score
I had this happen today. Just power cycle the phone and the folder will open up again. No need to recreate them.

BTW, I'm the same way: hate clutter and have only four folders down at the bottom of the screen.

OP
bhall238

bhall238

Reaction score
Just an update; it happened again and I followed your advice (thanks :)). Powering down and back up returns the folder to operating; I just wish I understood why this happens.