not sure if i backed up

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by andyredhorse, Jan 19, 2011.

1. andyredhorse

andyredhorse New Member

hello.
    so last night i finally rooted my droid 1, running 2.2.1, frg83d. i used '"superoneclick". rooted fine. then i did the back up with clockworkmod ROM manager. after following the instructions, after reboot i didnt get the screen that the instructions showed (arrow from box pointing to android). it just rebooted. i do see the files on my SD card, but when i open ROM manager and tap "manage and restore back ups", there's nothing there. am i backed up? how can i restore if i cant see the files? below is a link that i used as instructions and the pics are there.

thanks

[Complete Guide] How To Fully Back Up And Restore Your Android Phone Using Nandroid Backup | Android News, Reviews, Applications, Games, Phones, Devices, Tips, Mods, Videos, Podcasts - Android Police
  2. teddyearp

teddyearp Active Member

Well the guide you linked is pretty old by android standards, but it sounds as though you _might_ have got it going. Open up rom manager, then go to near the bottom where it has the 'flash alternate recovery' option. Select that and then go back to the top and flash clockworkmod recovery again. Then see if you can make and/or view any of your backups with rom manager.

good luck
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  3. andyredhorse

andyredhorse New Member

ok...seems i did back up.

thank you.
  4. teddyearp

teddyearp Active Member

No prob. Glad it is working for you now.