1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

not sure about installing metamorph themes

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ucpro, Jan 4, 2010.

1. ucpro

ucpro New Member

I want to try out a couple of themes. I have 0.15.0 spbrecovery or however u say it, busybox, and metamorph with Andexplorer...i read that i can just boot up metamorph and just install the theme from there, but then i read somewhere else that i had to go into recovery and do some things...i thought going into recovery was just to flash or backup roms
  2. p0rk burn

p0rk burn New Member

No going into recovery needed. Just install it and unzip a them in AndroidThemes, pick the theme file, and off you go. The recovery is handy for reverting/uninstalling themes, just make sure you backup. Everything using advance backup.

Once you get comfortable you can start mixing and matching differfent pieces of themes and even your favorite status bar icons.
  3. ucpro

ucpro New Member

some of the files fail to install for some reason, i'm not sure why
  4. dustin4863

dustin4863 New Member

depending on which theme your using some are the themes are for 2.1 and some are for 2.01
    so of the theme makers have included both files for 2.1 and 2.01 in the same theme
    depending on which os your running your os does not use certain files
  5. ucpro

ucpro New Member

i got the xhero theme and that it couldn't install the launcher and a couple of other things
  6. p0rk burn

p0rk burn New Member

Did it skip the files or they failed to install? Skipping happens when you don't have those files to theme and is no big deal. If they failed to install it could be because metamorph can only install so many megs at a time. If that's the case, try installing piece by piece and see what happens.
  7. ucpro

ucpro New Member

it says it doesn't exist, then it skips. although i think this is for 2.1 i got 2.0.1 still. i just noticed that, and i can't remember where i got this theme from..do they have an xhero theme for 2.0.1??
  8. mjones1052

mjones1052 New Member

this is 100% normal. It knows which files it needs and which it doesn't.
Search tags for this page

how to install metamorph theme on mavrom

how to install metamorph themes ota

metamorph