not staying connected.....

loco

Reaction score
ive been having a problem with my phone not staying connected. its kinda strange, but when the phone is on its lock screen and has been sitting for a while, there doesnt appear to be any service / connectivity. when i unlock the phone, i will see a few bars pop up, then a few seconds later the 3g notification will come on.

now, this doesnt seem to be a big deal, but when i first unlock the phone and go straight into my gmail account, it wants me to click the button to retry to connect. i will have to do this several times before gaining connectivity and actually receiving email.

i have not seen this issue in the past, and just noticed it within the last week or so. is there some setting that im missing ??

jrmdroid

Reaction score
I noticed this to.

Also, when I am viewing a webpage or downloading an app from the market it goes from 3g to 1x or just goes away period when I have a very strong signal (4 bars). It has done this alot over the past few MIUI builds.

I am wondering if the baseband just needs to be re-flashed......

Jarllax

Reaction score
I noticed this to.

Also, when I am viewing a webpage or downloading an app from the market it goes from 3g to 1x or just goes away period when I have a very strong signal (4 bars). It has done this alot over the past few MIUI builds.

I am having similar problems, I am currently on Baseband version C_01.3E.01P, how would I go about updating the baseband version and where would I download it?

jrmdroid

Reaction score
I noticed this to.

I am having similar problems, I am currently on Baseband version C_01.3E.01P, how would I go about updating the baseband version and where would I download it?

The only location I know where the basebands are is on Peter Alfonso's website located here: Peter Alfonso. You can download the C_01.43.01P baseband. You should be able to install like you would a rom, update.zip.

OP
L

loco

Reaction score
im already using the latest baseband so i dont beleive this is the problem.

OP
L

loco

Reaction score
anyone else seeing this issue. i have to keep hitting retry to connect when in gmail in order to receive and send my mail. it almost seems like the phone has to wake up and connect to 3g. shouldnt it stay connected to 3g ?

OP
L

loco

Reaction score
ok folks, i have found the problem. i had an app installed called juice defender. this app was turning off my evdo and 3g connection when the phone was locked. therefore, i was not receiving data unless i unlocked the phone and forced it to connect.

so, if anyone else is having this problem and running juice defender, you should consider uninstalling it.