Not so INCREDIBLE 4G LTE Battery Life?

harlock

Reaction score
I've been using Moto DROIDS since they came out, and still am using a Moto D3, so I'm used to the not-so-great battery life of smartphones by now. I just got a pair of the INCREDIBLE 4G LTE phones for work, and am noticing some concerning issues with battery life.

I had this phone fully charged yesterday morning, barely used it at all, kept it on WiFi (helps preserve batt life on my Moto D3), and to my surprise when I went to check it this afternoon, the phone was completely dead. If the battery goes that fast at a stand still, how long will this last when actually using it! I also notice that the phone runs pretty dang warm - one could even say hot.

Verizon had these as deals recently (certified pre-owned), but they came to us looking brand spanking new. Based on the battery performance, I'm guessing people returned them after a couple of days.

Anyone else noticing this battery trend?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Certified pre-owned? How does a phone that's been out about a week have pre-owned sales already???

OP
H

harlock

Reaction score
Certified pre-owned? How does a phone that's been out about a week have pre-owned sales already???

Yup, I kid you not. I image that people sent them back because the battery life is so low! They might be getting these two phones back soon too at this rate.

nikecar

Reaction score
If its new you have to condition the battery meter. There is a forum here on smartphone batteries and FoxKat posts hwo to do it.

its not uncommon for a new phone to stink and then gradually get better.

OP
H

harlock

Reaction score
If its new you have to condition the battery meter. There is a forum here on smartphone batteries and FoxKat posts hwo to do it.

its not uncommon for a new phone to stink and then gradually get better.

you're right, and thanks for keeping the positive perspective. I use the Circle Battery Meter on my D3, where I can monitor down to 1% and have been getting great battery life. I'll probably need to charge & burn on this phone for a while to notice a difference. It just better happen fast so I know if I need to return them, you know?

Reaction score
my phone's battery is great, no problems yet. i took it off the charger at 8:30 saturday morning and did some texting, played some games, browsed facebook, and talked on the phone and had to TRY to kill the batter after 2am. got the battery down to 1% then charged it

TatDroid

Reaction score
harlock said:
Verizon had these as deals recently (certified pre-owned), but they came to us looking brand spanking new.

I'm still trying to figure this out.

Maybe it goes like this: Phone was released on July 5th. 100 people use it for 1 day, hate it, and return them the on 6th. Verizon stores all promptly pack them up and ship them special overnight to warehouse to arrive on the 8th. A team of tech engineers at the warehouse is waiting and immediately gather the shipments from all the branch stores, log them into the system, run tests, and certify them within 24 hours (by the 9th) . They're repackaged on the 10th and entered into the system with new product numbers, ready for sale. Shipped out to new customers on the 11th (overnight, of course), and in new customers hands by the 12th.

Verizon is a pretty finely tuned machine, so sure - it could happen...

Last edited:
OP
H

harlock

Reaction score
UPDATE --- Conditioning the battery has been greatly helping the longevity. It's the first couple of charges that seem very weak, but it gets stronger.

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
Good to know that battery life is getting better I really want this phone at this time. My Droid 2 can go almost 12 hours with normal use..and its almost 2 years old on OG battery