Not reconizing!!!!!

DroidRazrKid

Reaction score
Im trying to root but wen i plug my phone into computer it will charge but the mount stuff doesnt come on or anything so wat do i do?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Im trying to root but wen i plug my phone into computer it will charge but the mount stuff doesnt come on or anything so wat do i do?
Several questions- 1) are you using the DroidUtility 1.8 or 1.81, 2) is your phone charged to at least 80%, 3) are you using the usb cable and charger that came with your phone, 4) do you have usb debugging selected in system settings>develop options, 5) have you installed the latest Motorola drivers (the latest drivers are in the Utility or can be downloaded from Motorola Customer Support web site). You have to extract the DroidUtility to its own folder on you PC and you must install the latest Motorola drivers on your PC or the Utility will not work correctly. After doing all the above, when you plug you phone into you PC with the usb cable that came with your phone the notification bar will display usb option, do not select mass storage if you are trying to root your phone. Failure to do any of the above will usually result in an unsuccessful attempt to use the Utility.

OP
DroidRazrKid

DroidRazrKid

Reaction score
jpcalhoun said:
Several questions- 1) are you using the DroidUtility 1.8 or 1.81, 2) is your phone charged to at least 80%, 3) are you using the usb cable and charger that came with your phone, 4) do you have usb debugging selected in system settings>develop options, 5) have you installed the latest Motorola drivers (the latest drivers are in the Utility or can be downloaded from Motorola Customer Support web site). You have to extract the DroidUtility to its own folder on you PC and you must install the latest Motorola drivers on your PC or the Utility will not work correctly. After doing all the above, when you plug you phone into you PC with the usb cable that came with your phone the notification bar will display usb option, do not select mass storage if you are trying to root your phone. Failure to do any of the above will usually result in an unsuccessful attempt to use the Utility.

I used 1.8 i fixed issue