Not recieving text message notifications on Droid 2

mgm05e

Reaction score
I have been having an issue where I do not recieve any sort of notification (no noise/task bar notification) for about 1/3 of recieved text messages on my Droid 2. Does anyone know of any ways to fix this?

Lenagainster

Reaction score
could it be that you only get a notification once of 1 or more new text messages, and if you don't check the first one, subsequent text messages don't generate another notification?

OP
M

mgm05e

Reaction score
Nope, I will reply to someones text message and sit there waiting to hear back from them only to find out I got a message just no alert

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Could it be that for certain individuals you have a specific tone for texts, while others use the default setting, and the default is set to silent?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
What app are you using?

Since you are not receiving any notification, check you sound settings and make sure that you do not have silent checked.

kwaz32

Reaction score
I, too, am having this problem. Either I will have a text without a notification, or my notification tone will start ringing then abruptly stop. And when that happens, my notification light won't blink. I have triple checked my settings and everything seems to be in order, but this keeps happening.