not recieving emails

gtivw07

Reaction score
hey guys, im new here so bear with me

ok so i have my gmail account on my phone and my emails go to that envelope with the M sticking out of it, all my e-mails would could like instantly, now all the sudden today i realized that i didnt get any last night or today, so i just happen to try hitting refresh and boom all my e-mails show, but its not alerting me when they come in or showing them, i have to physically hit refresh to receive them now all the sudden, any ideas? i tried a batt pull already

joeymoose

Reaction score
Go to Settings, Accounts, Click on the account that you are talking about, Make sure the Sync Gmail box is checked....

OP
G

gtivw07

Reaction score
there isnt a box, theres sync gmail and under that it says touch to sync now, and iv tried that but i dont see any box

OP
G

gtivw07

Reaction score
anyone got ideas whats up with it? or why i dont have that box??

droidreajoh

Reaction score
im having same issue + wont sync/refresh. i have new emails (viewing on pc) that arent showing on droid...re-signed in on gmail account recheck sync settings....... still nada

Camel_Back

Reaction score
Hopefully I finally figured it out.

I had the same issue buggin the @#%$ out of me. Had to always manually do the sync. All the searched I've done have not helped including clearing data under applications. But this is how I got mine to work and it seem so easy.

I have no idea how this happened but somehow the option for automatic sync was switched off.

First select your gmail icon, then hit your options button and select accounts. On top should be the envelope with the gmail written next to it underneath should be your gmail account. Next, hit your option key again and seletct account settings. There should be a Background data checked green and underneath is Auto-sync. Make sure that is checked green. Mine wasnt and after highlighting that option, the section beneath labeled "Manage accounts" switched to Sync is ON with a grean circle (refresh symbol) appearing. Hope this helps.