Not Recieving 3g, Bars, E-mail, GPS. Nothing.

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by EcchiChibi, Apr 19, 2011.

1. EcchiChibi

EcchiChibi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I just moved to a new apartment like 10 minutes away from my old place but I havent been able to get any 3g, bars, emails, gps or text messages since moving to my new place. I get 3g and all that stuff ANYWHERE else except in the area that I've moved to. I was wondering if I have to update my PRL. I read on these forums that updating my PRL wont solve the problem though. I've tried everything to fix this, restarted it several times, took the battery out, etc. This has been a problem for over 2 weeks now. Does anyone have any advice for fixing my problem? I dont have internet at my new place so I was tethering using my phone but since I get absolutly nothing at my new place I cant tether. I can recieve and make occasional calls if I'm by the window though lol.

On a side note, all my friends who also use Verizon have the same problem when they're in my area. All they're 3g and bars get dropped. I live in Sunset Park Brooklyn.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

#1 EcchiChibi, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  2. vatothe0

vatothe0 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Prl update wont do anything for an area with Verizon service. You need a network extender.

Sent from my DROIDX

3. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter Senior Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    Ratings:
    +17
    Current Phone Model:
    S4
    It may be the type of construction of your building. Have you tried the #228 update for programming and roaming? Or is that the prl you are talking about?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Search tags for this page

mail gps-gmbh.net loc:us

mail gps-vietnam.net loc:us

mail gtps.com.tw

motorola android not getting enough bars

my 3g not getting enough bars

why is my android not receiving bars

why will my note 2 not recieve 3g