Not receiving texts...

Reaction score
I believe there is a difference between losing texts to low memory, and not receiving new incoming texts all together, which i am also coming across myself

Exactly... It tells me when my memory is running low and my incoming texts won't be received, but I get no notification of a text ever being sent to me. =(

I had this problem before on other roms when I had too many apps on the internal storage, and when id receive a text id get some message about it not being received due to low memory. Try moving most of your apps onto your sd card and that should solve the issue.

Or try dialing *228 and do the activation

chewy74

Reaction score
you can have my phone...not only do i receive my texts, but the same message often get duplicated 2 to three times and sometimes even 4 :laugh:

have you tried *228 ?

JaysDroid2

Reaction score
I understand yalls theory, but, when you flash new roms you lose all texts, prior to the flash i had multiple contacts with the 200 sms limit, same number of apps as i did in 2.5 and not once did i ever receive a low mem message for texts, now it just skips notifying you all together, im not knocking the rom, i love UD, have tried others and always come back, i just think if bd had detailed descriptions of ppls issues it'll help him do what he does best, and im sure a fix will come, hopefully a better one than Fallout: New Vegas came out with, as another post had used to compare ;)

bigjay517

Reaction score
I was not receiving many texts until I flashed a different kernel. I flashed the RZK 800Mhz Gingerbread kernel. That fixed all of my issues. Slow boots, not receiving texts, freezing lockscreen. I suggest giving it a try.

Index of /DL/LGB/KERNELS

chipmunk

Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem except my text aren't sending as well as receiving and to be honest I think I've tried everything thus far. I did a fresh install last night and changed kernels, I even locked messaging app in memory.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

erfoster

Reaction score
My text notifications are through SMS Popup instead of the messaging app. What I had was SMS Popup would give me a notification and show a message, but when I went to read it in the messaging app, it wasn't there. I toggled the lock messaging app in memory option and (knock on wood) I haven't had any problems yet. I'm giving it some more time though before I call it a definite fix, as I might just have been lucky so far.

untamed101

Reaction score
i can sent txt but cant sent pix's on droid x after install of Tranquility 3.7

chipmunk

Reaction score
My phone really isn't sending message almost every other message now....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

technologeek

Reaction score
+1
Fail to receive messages using Go SMS, Handcent, or stock Messaging app. GTalk seems to be affected as well.

edit: Fail to receive Notifications, the messages are usually there when I go into the apps.

Update: Just tried the LGB Kernel listed above and things seem to be working well.
Thanks bigjay517!

Last edited:

kenbarnum

Reaction score
+1 for me too on my D1.
I am not getting texts.
My phone vibrates to tell me something happened but when I look there is no notification and no text.
Weird.

I love this ROM and this is one of my few complaints but I will have to go back to 2.5 because that is a deal breaker.

FYI - tried RZK-800 kernel and no change.

Edit- Back to 2.5 until I find time to reflash from scratch...

Last edited:

technologeek

Reaction score
+1 for me too on my D1.
I am not getting texts.
My phone vibrates to tell me something happened but when I look there is no notification and no text.
Weird.

I love this ROM and this is one of my few complaints but I will have to go back to 2.5 because that is a deal breaker.

FYI - tried RZK-800 kernel and no change.

Edit- Back to 2.5 until I find time to reflash from scratch...

I have to admit that my first few tests with RZK-800 seemed to work but I am STILL having this issue even with the new kernel. Why must there always be one thing from making a ROM perfect? Fingers crossed for a solution... BTW I did a clean reflash from scratch after having problems the first time around with 3.01. Doesn't seem to matter.